And there we go

Help Support CattleToday:

ChrisB":2emtxjtf said:
Church's don't just refuse wedding based on sexuality, but may also refuse to have weddings of couples who live together before marriage, or refuse to go through premarital counseling. Probably other reasons also.

And that's their choice as long as they become a for profit organization. And don't even get me started about the LDS Church's cattle operation. Nonprofit my rear end.

ALACOWMAN":fn8mruhp said:
Shaz..... I hope you get a good one, in his place... Nothing beats having a good knowledgeable preacher/teacher,,to sit under...

My guess is we'll get somebody who just wants an easy paycheck - That's ALL we've ever had. I've really developed a bad attitude about preachers.

Bestoutwest":nqs2ttty said:
callmefence":nqs2ttty said:
I liked your post best, alot.
You probably won't like mine. In addition to what you said. As a small business owner I feel I have the right to discriminate on who I allow to work for me. My business is a sole proprietorship. My personal property. I feel i should be able to hire whatever or whoever I want and exclude whoever I want.

Actually, and this will surprise you, I could care less about that, and to some extent agree with you. Here's why: because it will all shake out in the wash. If you discriminate, for whatever reason good, bad or indifferent, word will get around. It may win you jobs, it may lose you jobs, but that's your business and your decision. And if you discriminate based on gender, creed, race, sexuality, you may be shooting yourself in the foot because you might lose out on the best employee you may have ever had, but it's your decision to do so. What is upsetting to me is when nonprofits are allowed to discriminate. I see 0 problem with a church refusing to perform a gay marriage due to their religious beliefs. However, if they want to do that, they must give up their nonprofit status because a charity (ie nonprofit) must serve ALL of the people, even if they don't like it. Businesses, however, are a whole different ball game.
Why do you think they should give up their non profit status?? What does turning down a queer marriage have to do with "profit" especially when the church's position on such has been known for a thousand years?? Must they also shut down their charities, hospitals and schools, clinics and other services???

ChrisB":1ar4999y said:
Church's don't just refuse wedding based on sexuality, but may also refuse to have weddings of couples who live together before marriage, or refuse to go through premarital counseling. Probably other reasons also.
Some that have been married before and divorced,,,due to adultry are abuse..

Wonder if anything will come of the DNC mishandling and cheating....Seems the liberals like to turn a blind eye to it all and just continue to sling mud to the right.......

shaz":2hwbn0u1 said:
ALACOWMAN":2hwbn0u1 said:
Bigfoot":2hwbn0u1 said:
Strictly out of curosity, and before this thread gets locked, I would like to know the denomination of this church? If that crosses a line, I will apologize ahead of time.
My question is why are you going there, feeling that way about him ??

To answer both questions:
I go there because I know and like most of the people.

Didn't mean to derail but he is an interim preacher and this church is Presbyterian. His last day is Sunday and will probably be replaced by another bum.

If you think back on the male figures in the Bible, they were not only men of strong faith, but strong men as well. Moses kicked a little tail a time or two. Job ran a 1000 head of cattle. John the Baptist was a wilderness man. Joshua and Caleb enetered the promised land, because of not only their faith, but there willingness to fight. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednogo,would not have been caught taking a knee as the saying now goes.

Never met your pastor, so I can't say, but there is no harm at all, in a man of faith being a strong man. Furthermore, our homes should be led by strong men, our churches should steered by strong men, and our sons as well as daughters should be shown a fine example of Christian manlyhood. That would include everything from strong faith, to a strong back.
Paul was very clear, how the church should be set up and ran. I'm certain there is one near you, that is following the Bible.

TexasBred":kvagjbk0 said:
Bestoutwest":kvagjbk0 said:
callmefence":kvagjbk0 said:
I liked your post best, alot.
You probably won't like mine. In addition to what you said. As a small business owner I feel I have the right to discriminate on who I allow to work for me. My business is a sole proprietorship. My personal property. I feel i should be able to hire whatever or whoever I want and exclude whoever I want.

Actually, and this will surprise you, I could care less about that, and to some extent agree with you. Here's why: because it will all shake out in the wash. If you discriminate, for whatever reason good, bad or indifferent, word will get around. It may win you jobs, it may lose you jobs, but that's your business and your decision. And if you discriminate based on gender, creed, race, sexuality, you may be shooting yourself in the foot because you might lose out on the best employee you may have ever had, but it's your decision to do so. What is upsetting to me is when nonprofits are allowed to discriminate. I see 0 problem with a church refusing to perform a gay marriage due to their religious beliefs. However, if they want to do that, they must give up their nonprofit status because a charity (ie nonprofit) must serve ALL of the people, even if they don't like it. Businesses, however, are a whole different ball game.
Why do you think they should give up their non profit status?? What does turning down a queer marriage have to do with "profit" especially when the church's position on such has been known for a thousand years?? Must they also shut down their charities, hospitals and schools, clinics and other services???

I know I'll never change anyone's mind on here, but I can't jive with state sponsored discrimination. If you own a business, go for it, let the chips lay where they fall, but a nonprofit should serve all the people all of the time.

Bestoutwest":2exy5cmt said:
I know I'll never change anyone's mind on here, but I can't jive with state sponsored discrimination. If you own a business, go for it, let the chips lay where they fall, but a nonprofit should serve all the people all of the time.
so you think a Christian church should perform a satanic wedding ceremony in the sanctuary of the church, all lead by the pastor or said christian church??? NUTS!!!!

Bestoutwest":3s5gd1cw said:
TexasBred":3s5gd1cw said:
Bestoutwest":3s5gd1cw said:

Do you think St. Jude's is wrong also? Only serving the children?

The church should help and love everyone, but i don't agree with requiring them to perform services that go against what they believe.

Why would a homosexual couple want have there marriage ceremony in a place that didn't support or believe it was right? Makes no sense .

SoILcattle":16le0ygv said:
Bestoutwest":16le0ygv said:
TexasBred":16le0ygv said:

Do you think St. Jude's is wrong also? Only serving the children?

The church should help and love everyone, but i don't agree with requiring them to perform services that go against what they believe.

Why would a homosexual couple want have there marriage ceremony in a place that didn't support or believe it was right? Makes no sense .

Do you realize that no church is required to perform a gay marriage? Or any other marriage? Good grief.

Bestoutwest":2hll7auc said:
That's a bit hyperbolic, don't you think? There has been a big push from the educational community as well, and social media disseminates information in the blink of an eye.

I think that society has softened like an ice cream sandwich in the hot sun. I am all for being nice to people if they're nice to you, but this email crosses a line. Discrimination, no matter the direction it is coming from, is unwarranted and unacceptable. You hire the best people, you'll have the best company, or party, hands down. No matter the race, creed or gender, if you hire the best, you become the best. If you're bucking hay all day, a 100 lb woman may not be the best, that's not discrimination, that's being realistic. If you're running a bank, you're not going to hire a guy with little to no education and criminal record. It's common sense, and it's getting thrown out with the bath water.

It was a clunky way of trying to get in some resumes from folks other than the usual suspects. There's pretty deep research about the under-representation of minorities in tech; and it's also well-recognized that humans are apt to favor those who look the most like them. If you're a white person, you may view the memo as trying to favor minorities. If you're a person of color, you may view it as trying to account for the innate bias of those who are selecting new employees and otherwise apt to pick folks who look/seem the most like them. At any rate, I for one grow weary of sources (legit or Russian trolls, or any trolls) who seem to want nothing more than to press our buttons and make us react according to our confirmation biases.

Latest posts