And the rains came

Help Support CattleToday:

f1tiger

Reaction score
Just spread 750 tons of chicken litter about 10 days ago,have gotten about 3 1/2" of rain so far and more coming ; thank you Lord

kenny thomas said:
Caustic Burno said:
For the year I am at 29.6".
We normally get 55-60" inches a year.

We're at 42.11" the first half of the year. Yearly average is about 45". But we're dry and need rain.

Come a few miles South. We are having a hard time finding enough dry days in a row to finish up the first cutting of hay.

A couple inches behind for us but still quite green. Very little of what we've gotten in the past year has run off. Doing better Grass wise this year with less than we did last year with almost a full years worth by now but will change fast now with summer fully on us. Unusually cool couple days as far as temps go but humidity is brutal. Will be spending more time in the house under foot...😆

This has been a most unusual year. Usually when spring rains quit that's it. Faucet is off. This year Meaningful rains throughout June and had 2" Monday; most unusual. Gonna get another cutting I don't usually get.

Brute 23 said:
We are burning up again and not a cloud in sight on any forecast I've seen.

I'm sorry to hear that. I have a bull, 7 young pairs, 3 yearling heifers, and a miniature donkey (my sister's; it's a long story) here at home on about 20 acres and still have plenty of grass. And we got another 1.7" Tuesday afternoon.

Latest posts