Americans become French knights

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Par8254438.jpg

BRUSSELS — One of the Americans who prevented a bloodbath on a high-speed European train serves in the Air Force. Another is in the Oregon National Guard. On Monday, the enlisted men became knights, along with two others who took part in the rescue, as French President François Hollande made them Chevaliers of the Legion of Honor, awarding them France's highest decoration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/us ... story.html

Those guys did what your supposed to do, and I'm proud for them. Always fight back and never give up.

highgrit":1e5n3ijm said:
Those guys did what your supposed to do, and I'm proud for them. Always fight back and never give up.
Asked if there were lessons, Sadler had one for all who find themselves in the face of a choice.

"Do something," he said. "Hiding, or sitting back, is not going to accomplish anything. And the gunman would've been successful if my friend Spencer had not gotten up. So I just want that lesson to be learned going forward, in times of, like, terror like that, please do something. Don't just stand by and watch."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/08/24 ... est-honor/

told the wife this morning that she did not want to get in the way of a french politician who had the opportunity to pin something on a mans chest and kiss him on the cheek.....

would have taken us politicians three special investigations and ten years of wrangling and goodness know what else to give such heros a similar recognition. and then it would have been all about how great the politician was for recognizing them....

pdfangus":21k7otvl said:
told the wife this morning that she did not want to get in the way of a french politician who had the opportunity to pin something on a mans chest and kiss him on the cheek.....

would have taken us politicians three special investigations and ten years of wrangling and goodness know what else to give such heros a similar recognition. and then it would have been all about how great the politician was for recognizing them....
It's one of the reasons why we in the USA have so many awards FINALLY given decades after the act of heroism. I read of 2 recently--one for ww1 and another for ww2, that were finally recognized--one of course was posthumously even tho the service member survived the war but not the years since.

It took the French less than 1 month to permanently and forever award certain US Army and Marine units the Croix de guerre for their actions in WW1 at Belleau Wood. By that I mean that these unit members will always be authorized to wear the "Rope" on their left shoulder and it's been nearly a century now.
http://marines.dodlive.mil/2013/08/06/m ... th-legacy/

I remember a few French nights....... oh that is Knights not nights.......

But seriously as the man said, "Do something". I would rather get shot in the face running at a terrorist than shot in the back cowering in a corner.

Latest posts