Amendment One in MO

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Constitutional Amendment 1 3898 of 3898 Precincts Reported
YES 498,751 50.127%
NO 496,223 49.873%
Total Votes: 994,974

We won by 2528 votes! HURRAH!!!!Thanks to all the people who supported the farmers-Lucas OIL, MO farm Bureau, MFA to name a few!!!And to those who didn't shame on you!

I didn't figure it would be that close to be honest. Although many people didn't like HSUS backing a no vote. They had no real desire to vote yes other than to vote against HSUS. It still gets you a yes vote but no real support.

Since the governenr didn;t have the balls to either veto or approve it, you can bet it will end up in the courts.

There were some very effective "anti" ads running. Said if it passed, China would be farming in Mo, corporate farms would get off with environmental issues and so forth. That's why it was so close.

Unfortunately, too many rural people were very willing to allow themselves to be confused by the anti-ads. My county, Stone, is rural, with the biggest town having 1,000 people. It is hills and cattle farm land. Amendment 1 was defeated in this county and this county never defeats anything connected with farmers and property rights. No democrats are elected to county office and none ever get the majority of Stone county's votes in the state races. It was shocking that Amend 1 was defeated in this county. I even have relatives who argued with me that passing it would give China free reign over our land. The amendment says "Missouri citizens". I don't know how much good it will do when the courts get through with it, but it might help against local governments and planning and zoning committees who are anti farmers, even if it doesn't stand against the EPA destroying farmers.

Latest posts