Amazing

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig-TX

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Texas
Isn't this amazing?

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

Capital Gains Tax

CDL license Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Court Fines - (indirect taxes)

Dog License Tax

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax - (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel permit tax

Gasoline Tax - (42 cents per gallon)

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax Interest expense - (tax on the money)

Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges - (tax on top of tax)

IRS Penalties - (tax on top of tax)

Local Income Tax

Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Property Tax

Real Estate Tax

Septic Permit Tax

Service Charge Taxes

Social Security Tax

Road Usage Taxes - (Truckers)

Sales Taxes

Recreational Vehicle Tax

Road Toll Booth Taxes

School Tax

State Income Tax

State Unemployment Tax - (SUTA)

Telephone federal excise tax

Telephone federal universal service fee tax

Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes

Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax

Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax

Telephone State and local tax

Telephone usage charge tax

Toll Bridge Taxes

Toll Tunnel Taxes

Traffic Fines - (indirect taxation)

Trailer registration tax

Utility Taxes

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft registration Tax

Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

COMMENTS:

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation prosperous, had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened ??????? (not hard to figure out)
 

D.R. Cattle

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
2,125
Reaction score
0
Location
East Central Florida
One thing comes to mind:
People weren't scared of work and trying to get something for nothing. We didn't have a system for women to stay at home and squirt out 13 kids for a welfare check and food stamps. Grandma didn't sue for gazillions because she spilled coffee on her blouse. We didn't have a mob pushing union power to pay $80,000 a year to the waterboy. People that had money got it from working for it, not from stealing it from someone else.
 
A

Anonymous

Craig,
Those are way too many taxes (to me anyways), far too many of the tax money never goes in proper usage. Our school system is crumbling...just go visit your nearby inner city schools. Plus, ask any teachers how much they earn in a year...those are our tax money paying the teachers. Teachers has one of the most important jobs in America, yet they get pay dirt. Professional players get paid by the millions and their jobs isn't an important one...

What I don't get is all those telephone taxes...half of them are worthless.

BTW, we aren't the only prosperous country. There are countries that are tax-free and prospering very well....like Norway or Kuwait. Taxing people isn't always the answer.......

You have forgotten the death taxes on your list. They are talking about Internet taxes....grrrr...more taxes.

Here is a few taxes I wish to see:
Professional Players tax
Bush goes to war for nothing tax
Donald Trump tax (its a tax for the weathy, force them to pay more taxes...at least more than the middle class).

Thats cover it....let the rage and insults begin!
 
A

Anonymous

LA,
Whats your problem? Are you jealous? Jealous that I might know a few more things than you do. Jealous that I know the truths of our government, the truth about Angus cattle and their preverted association?
If I am not worth wasting to reply to my post, why did you do it? Has the sudden turn of event in the war angered you somehow? You putting that steam on me? In the last three days, our once ally the Shi'ites has turn their back on you and King George upset you? Maybe because they know what is REALLY happening in Iraq? I am no supporter to their acts but their actions speaks pretty loud about the Bush/Bremer Adminstration policies in Iraq. Another lie Bush said the other day that security is profound in Iraq.....not even close King George. In the last three days over 22 of our proud men and women were killed..four of them (as far as I know) comes from Texas: Bush country. His ratings is about to make a sudden drop.

OHHHH.....I am not a fan of Kerry BUT he did indeed share his experiences in Vietnam....he confess it on a TV show back in 1971. Can't recall the name of the show.... He did say he spend his time in the "free zones" but that does not mean he seen the butchering........
All Bush has done is flown a fighter jet a few times....spend most of his time louging about....never fired a single shot in all of Vietnam campaign....
These are random thoughts from various posts....too lazy to post them individually.
BTW, good looking bull on your avatar.. Just how high is his IMF percentage? I am sure its around 60 percent.......how much corn has you been feeding it....gosh it look like its on steroids!
 
A

Anonymous

la4angus":1kanlkd2 said:
Hello Ms Oregonian Kerry

uhhhhhhhhh.......I am a male. Didn't you read the first line in my Kerry statement.... I am NOT a fan of Kerry! Get off your high wagon please.
 

CattleAnnie

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
0
Location
Northeastern BC Canada
Craig, up here in B.C. we've got a couple more...GST (Goods and Service Tax 7% on purchases and service work) and PST (Provincial Sales Tax 8% on purchases excluding most of the groceries). And those wonderful people in government keep trying to push a through a new one for those of us involved in agriculture... a tax on the water we collect in our dug-outs (definately what farmers and ranchers need when they're working through a drought, a water tax!). Brings to mind the old saw "Nothing's for sure but death and taxes.

Take care.
 

sillco

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
186
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana Native in South Central Wisconsin, USA
Oregonian":26mziwgs said:
Craig,
Those are way too many taxes (to me anyways), far too many of the tax money never goes in proper usage. Our school system is crumbling...just go visit your nearby inner city schools. Plus, ask any teachers how much they earn in a year...those are our tax money paying the teachers. Teachers has one of the most important jobs in America, yet they get pay dirt. Professional players get paid by the millions and their jobs isn't an important one...

What I don't get is all those telephone taxes...half of them are worthless.

BTW, we aren't the only prosperous country. There are countries that are tax-free and prospering very well....like Norway or Kuwait. Taxing people isn't always the answer.......

You have forgotten the death taxes on your list. They are talking about Internet taxes....grrrr...more taxes.

Here is a few taxes I wish to see:
Professional Players tax
Bush goes to war for nothing tax
Donald Trump tax (its a tax for the weathy, force them to pay more taxes...at least more than the middle class).

Thats cover it....let the rage and insults begin!

I am a middle of the roader. I don't vote party. But I do realize our tax system is not repersentative of our wealth. The top One percent of the highest income earners pay 34% of this nations tax bill. That is a big burgen on so few. I am not suggesting we reduce that burgen, I am only suggesting that we even the balance of the load across the board. Also the Corporate tax structure should carry more of the load, they are the winners in today's ecomonic picture, not the indiviual tax payer.

I will also remind us that at one time we had a 90% tax bracket for that 1% of high earners and that has dropped to less than 45%. However, they had "loopeholds" that would allow them, as a "passive" investor, to invest in small business without being involved on a day to day basis and for taking that risk they were allowed to write off the cost of doing business (expenses) and any losses against their indiviual tax bill. That is how small business was funded, but they, the small business, could not goblize the world, hence the change to the stock market to fund the large corporations for world goblization. Today an investor in a small business, including a ranching operation, must maintain an "active" status to enjoy the same writeoff as the past, then, only if the alturnative minium tax formular allows them to take the write off. We in small business with only a plan, (banks will not loan money on a plan), with little collateral have a hard time to get needed funds today compared to 1986 when the top bracket was 50% and the tax structure was changed for goblization. I would argue that this change made life much harder for the little business person to get the needed capital to form interprises. The tax system encouraged those with the money to invest in those that had little money but had a good idea and business plan while giving the investor a reward for taking the risk. This forms a win-win situation. I believe the tax change of 1986 is contributing to the large growing gap between the lower and higher income earners which is reducing our middle class.
 

Jake

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
3,783
Reaction score
21
Location
North Central Kansas
Oregonian,
I've been away for about a week and this is disturbing to come home to. The innercity schools are having way too much money dumped into them that is turned back around into the community that squanders it away. I used to live in Omaha and believe me things aren't as bad as you would like to think. The inner-city areas don't need more money to upgrade their schools they need new supervision and a new attidute on what is should be expected.

Jake

oh yeah that is an outrageously high amount of taxes it's too bad we have to suffer all those when you see so little being used. Too much is being given away.
 

Ann Bledsoe

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
212
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida, USA
Hi Jake
I live just south of Lincoln, in Lancaster County, Nebraska. About 50 miles from Omaha.

We are one of the highest taxed counties in the whole country, with a vast portion of that going to the schools.
If throwing money at a problem would fix it, we would have the best schools around -- but you know what? The problems are getting worse and worse and the kids are getting a VERY poor education.
They can put out all sorts of money for new counselors, metal detectors, fancy new buildings, etc, but what they pay the TEACHERS is a sin! No wonder our kids aren't getting the education they deserve, you can't expect good teachers to work for less than what the janitors get!
We'd be better off using the old buildings longer -- they just tore down school buildings were new when I moved here 13 years ago -- and we should be paying the teachers what they deserve.

These kids are the future of this country and the school system is letting them down.

Ann B

Jake":1uonc1dj said:
Oregonian,
I've been away for about a week and this is disturbing to come home to. The innercity schools are having way too much money dumped into them that is turned back around into the community that squanders it away. I used to live in Omaha and believe me things aren't as bad as you would like to think. The inner-city areas don't need more money to upgrade their schools they need new supervision and a new attidute on what is should be expected.

Jake

oh yeah that is an outrageously high amount of taxes it's too bad we have to suffer all those when you see so little being used. Too much is being given away.
 

la4angus

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
5,063
Reaction score
0
Location
South La
Today, I heard on the News that in Houston, Tx. they were going to let Students graduate, without passing Math or English. The reason for this being, is that to many kids are dropping out of school if they had to Pass these Subjects.
 

Campground Cattle

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
2,533
Reaction score
0
Location
East Texas
la4angus":3latsu12 said:
Today, I heard on the News that in Houston, Tx. they were going to let Students graduate, without passing Math or English. The reason for this being, is that to many kids are dropping out of school if they had to Pass these Subjects.

I say let them drop out and pull their drivers license per state law. Why go to school if you don't have to meet the standards. This is how we ended up with some of the posters that sign in guest.
 

la4angus

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
5,063
Reaction score
0
Location
South La
They will just drive without a license, in a stolen car, running on stolen gasoline. The cops won't want to pull them over for fear of getting shot.
 

Latest posts

Top