Am not...

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisonb

Reaction score
For those who have assumed that I'm a moderator on CT...

I have a couple of authorities on the Photo contest board to edit/delete/lock a thread and post multiple photos for contests(or Family Pics) instead of the limited number that other Users have. These 'authorities' do not extend to the rest of the board. I cannot send warnings out and I cannot ban a User. I am not a moderator.

About a year ago I had the pleasure of meeting a Mod who came to SA for a short visit with his wife and young son...fine people!
I don't know how many Mods there are on CT, it's not my business. What I do know is this Mod never posts in his personal capacity.

I enjoy logging on to CT...seeing your photos, reading about your ups & downs, sharing and even stirring the pot at times :p .
Am a straight forward, honest, loyal kind of person and cannot understand why/how some people do what they do.

Life is so much better when one does not habour malice, bitterness and hate. Let it be folks...

Alisonb, you've always been one of my favorites on CT either way. I enjoy reading about the softer moderate side of peoples thoughts and ways even though it's not my style. To me you're a fool to think your way is the only way.
I do have one question though Alisonb, how did you post in a locked thread? Even if it's your thread, once it's locked you can't post anymore.

True Grit Farms said:
Alisonb, you've always been one of my favorites on CT either way. I enjoy reading about the softer moderate side of peoples thoughts and ways even though it's not my style. To me you're a fool to think your way is the only way.
I do have one question though Alisonb, how did you post in a locked thread? Even if it's your thread, once it's locked you can't post anymore.

I had unlocked the thread to delete a post , and decided not too. Alison came in then. I just relocked it and paranoia did the rest.
🦉

Mod2 said:
True Grit Farms said:

I had unlocked the thread to delete a post , and decided not too. Alison came in then. I just relocked it and paranoia did the rest.
🦉

Seems a little far fetched, but being Mod2 and since it's your story you can tell it anyway you want.

I hope you find it relaxing.🦉
I promised I won't watch.

True Grit Farms said:
To me you're a fool to think your way is the only way.
Certainly don't think my way is the only way and have never implied that, I listen & learn every day.

Mod2 said:
🦉

This is true, that thread was locked and unlocked a number of times. I noticed and others did too.

I can't keep up with anybody anymore........members here and other sites must have a lot of members posting under about 5-10 handles...I barely have the mentality to keep one train of thought much less 5. I flipped over to other sites and pretty obvious one guy BSing with himself on a number of post. What is the world coming to????? I always though it was mental issues, but must be a new fad that is acceptable.... :cry:

Hootowl said:
Mod2 said:
I hope you find it relaxing.🦉
I promised I won't watch.

Why do you use a hootowl in your response? I'm offended. Hahaha

Owls don't miss much.
🦉

jltrent said:
I can't keep up with anybody anymore........members here and other sites must have a lot of members posting under about 5-10 handles...I barely have the mentality to keep one train of thought much less 5. I flipped over to other sites and pretty obvious one guy BSing with himself on a number of post. What is the world coming to????? I always though it was mental issues, but must be a new fad that is acceptable.... :cry:

You might be closer than you joke at in your analysis.

All members of every board I've ever been on found those boards thru a link someone posts somewhere, either within a different board, or some other social media or thru a link in a search engine. This is nothing new nor is it at all unusual. Have seen dozens of times members here were openly encouraged to go to Ranchers and register there so they can post. I found CT exactly that way, thru a link someone sent me at another ag board. Seen it happen dozens if not hundreds of times since I got on the web in 2001 but in the following 18 years, I have only seen a single instance of anyone complaining about it, and that, is here at CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts