Always Late

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm always late for the green light but am very punctual. I don't like having to wait on anyone if we've agreed on a time. Once had a boss who was always late. He would tell me to meet him at Shoney's at 7:00 a.m but would always be an hour late. This was an hour's drive for me. After several waits I began showing up at 7:45 and was always there before he got there.

People that are late are stealing that amount of time from those waiting on them. They are not respecting you or your life.
When you lose time waiting they owe you that much time back at the end of your life.
I don't know how to get time back from them and that is what bugs me.

If you, the meeting, or whatever starts on time and they come in late, that screws up the energy---the momentum. Efficiency is damaged.

I've had to drive 90mph to the Nashville airport twice now because my wife can't figure out when it's time to leave the effing house!

shaz":1207tny1 said:
I've had to drive 90mph to the Nashville airport twice now because my wife can't figure out when it's time to leave the effing house!
We had a similar a while back but it was a tire starting to go flat when we were 10 miles from the house heading to the airport. Had to limp home and get her car

Wow. This is a subject that everyone here seems to agree on. I saw this very topic discussed on another forum, of which appears to be comprised of mostly city slickers, and many of them wanted to make excuses as to why being late was ok.

My wife always runs right to the limit and is often late. Drives me crazy. I generally try to be 10 or 15 minutes early for things. If the trip goes well, I have time to hit the restroom or grab a cup of coffee or something cold. If I get caught in traffic I can still be on time. Never get stressed out driving when you leave on time.

My wife got sent home from the doctor once for being late. Appointment card said "If this is your first visit to our office, please arrive one half hour early to take care of insurance paperwork and medical history." She walked in 3 minutes before her appointment and was told she was late and she would have to reschedule. She was PO'd. I laughed. To myself. I'm not stupid.

jkwilson":2bvmla8d said:
My wife always runs right to the limit and is often late. Drives me crazy. I generally try to be 10 or 15 minutes early for things. If the trip goes well, I have time to hit the restroom or grab a cup of coffee or something cold. If I get caught in traffic I can still be on time. Never get stressed out driving when you leave on time.

My wife got sent home from the doctor once for being late. Appointment card said "If this is your first visit to our office, please arrive one half hour early to take care of insurance paperwork and medical history." She walked in 3 minutes before her appointment and was told she was late and she would have to reschedule. She was PO'd. I laughed. To myself. I'm not stupid.
but its a different story when the Dr.Is late. Are talking to nurses about what they did over the weekend..while you sit in waiting room number 3...alway try to schedule my appointment near dinner, or quiting time..

Where am i looking for it? We cant see a View first unread post. Got it. Its very good. What was there before? A&M

I've hired many people over many years and I tell them that people are consistently late do not really want to be there and if they don't really want to there I want them to find a place they can be happy.

ALACOWMAN":1gwfaytd said:
jkwilson":1gwfaytd said:

but its a different story when the Dr.Is late. Are talking to nurses about what they did over the weekend..while you sit in waiting room number 3...alway try to schedule my appointment near dinner, or quiting time..
The previous local dentist was like that.. consistently had you waiting a half an hour... New ownership, I haven't ever waited!.. They don't ask me questions with my mouth pried open either!

I am fortunate that my wife and I are on the same page as most of you. She will be ready before I am. I also had left her a time or two long ago. I think it's been touched on that those that are habitually late tend to be a little self centered. I will give someone fifteen minutes, when hubbing somewhere at a certain time, then I'm gone, unless they have had the common courtesy to call or text me to let me know the situation. Often, when meeting up to hunt, we will text each other saying we are on the road. Kind of a combination of letting them know I am up and moving, and wanting confirmation from them of the same. Usually this kind of thing will be in the 4am ballpark. I don't have too much trouble with this kind of thing. Most everyone I deal with is up and hustling around.

Latest posts