All you mechanic types...

Help Support CattleToday:

CowpokeJ

Reaction score
Gotta fix the fiance's car. 2000 Nissan Maxima, the front spark plugs are fairly easy. Looks like not so on the back 3. Any experience or can I do this? Do I need to replace the coils while I'm at it?

I don't think any manufacturer has built a vehicle that difficult to get to the plugs in thirty years. Last time I saw anything like that was from GM.

Anyway, you may need to take a few things off to get at them but it shouldn't be all that difficult. And no, you don't need to replace the coils unless you damage one when removing the plug wire.

CowpokeJ":2c3roob9 said:
Gotta fix the fiance's car. 2000 Nissan Maxima, the front spark plugs are fairly easy. Looks like not so on the back 3. Any experience or can I do this? Do I need to replace the coils while I'm at it?
My wife used to have a van that I couldn't see the back plugs. Heck with it, I brought it to the shop. They had to loosen the motor mounts and tilt the engine to get to them. Thank God I didn't try at home. Which makes me wonder, who in the heck designs crap like that.

check the head first, if it is aluminum you need to be sure that the engine is cold before you remove the plugs or you will damage the threads while taking the old plugs out and when installing the new ones be sure to use "antiseeze" lubricant on them, not wd 40 or some type of other lubricant but antiseeze only

CowpokeJ":1vo0kmie said:

Sell Jap crap car and buy American.

I had the same problem with my 1998 Ford F150. My saving grace was a stubby knuckled socket wrench. Get high above the car too. Almost in the engine compartment. Standing on a stool or ladder helps a bunch. Good Luck

CowpokeJ":1w50q2of said:

That's what son in laws were invented for!

the best mechanic work i do is putting a rearend in the lazyboy after the feeding is done. :lol2:

Latest posts