All in a Dog's Day (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

TnWI

Reaction score
Seems that Wisconsin decided to give us a couple of absolutely beautiful days to enjoy - so I thought it would be a good time to start the pups on some ground work ... here are a few pics of the day I thought I would share.

familyplaying.jpg

A 'family' pic.

pups1.jpg

Learning how to stay close - but still get some good snooping in.

100_0759.jpg

Is that where that cat went?

100_0785.jpg

The race was on!

100_0786.jpg

Yes, its true, I am cute! 8)

100_0781.jpg

Nothing like a good weed to chew on.

100_0770.jpg

What's that thing in your hands???

100_0788.jpg

My happy crew.

Sorry there are so many, but this was only a fraction of what was taken!

Sorry there are so many, but this was only a fraction of what was taken!

I could have looked at more, let me tell ya'. I love baby calves...and I adore puppies!

Alice

Great puppy pictures! Love the fifth one, that "puppy squat" picture (that's what they called it in dog school many years ago anyway). Who's who...is the shepherd a babysitter? Looks like a nice pooch.

Those pups are so cute! How old are they?

I like your shepherd, sure would love to have a dog like him (or her) someday...
:D :D

yes I am cute, sure is. I am more a cat person as everyone knows, but I can see the cuteness in puppies. the Shepherd looks like one I had as a child with my Dad.

The pups are 10 weeks old - both purebred Border Collie females. The German Sheperd is 3 yrs old - and THE BEST dispositioned animal I have ever had. Loves everyone and everything - and can work cattle too! :D I have had people offer me good money for him, but to this family of 3 - he is priceless. My two main adult dogs, the sheperd, and the grandmother of the pups were drop offs. Can you imagine someone being ignorant enough to drop off such great animals? and purebreds to boot! Their loss was definitely my gain.

~

Great looking pack.

Got homes for all the pups yet ?

Keep them photos coming~!!

CowCop":1o3ydihw said:
~

Great looking pack.

Got homes for all the pups yet ?

Keep them photos coming~!!

Nope, no homes yet - haven't figured out how to stuff them in an envelope either. ;) They will be advertised in the local paper this week, so hopefully they will be getting good homes soon. Will miss them tho - this batch was so full of characters!

What breeding on the pups? They sure look like good ones,whatever they are.. :D

peg4x4":18m6gyui said:
What breeding on the pups? They sure look like good ones,whatever they are.. :D

They are Border Collies - 100% trouble in black, white and freckled in red. ;-)

Has the Sheperd been neutered?? Good conformation,good back and hind legs,good temper--whats not to like

peg4x4":2ergsed2 said:
Has the Sheperd been neutered?? Good conformation,good back and hind legs,good temper--whats not to like

The sheperd has been neutered - I felt since I didn't know his lines or have his papers, and just wanted a family dog that was the best thing to do. He is a dandy, there is no doubt - he is my shadow, and has my back in the fields. If I can't get cows to move, he does.

Latest posts