AI technician in North Alabama

Help Support CattleToday:

Mallen23

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am wondering if any of you can recommend an AI technician in North Alabama. I live in Lauderdale County and would like to look into utilizing one to AI some heifers and potential some calls later in the fall. I wanted to start getting my ducks in a row in advance. Thanks in advance for all of the replies.

Contact Information

ABS Global
1525 River Rd
DeForest, WI 53532
Phone: 608-846-3721
Fax: 608-846-6443
Email: [email protected]

Call them. I am sure they have someone available in your area.

Darrell Gray at City View Genetics just outside Moulton can probably help you. He does some AI for me on flushes and he also does my embryo work. He is also a vet. What breed of cattle are you running? I might can set you up with some semen also at a good price. Thanks, Bill http://www.cattletoday.com/chr

City View Genetics
office 256-974-5392
cell 256-303-2127

Mickey, try Patricia McDougal in Giles County TN. Not over 25 mi. from you. She is as good as there is. Lives on Ham Creek Rd. Use 'google' to find her number.

Thank you 3waycross for the ABS reference, since I'm an ABS rep myself, I'll add to that little gem of information that the district manager in Al is James Umphrey. He can be reached at 352-538-7283 or [email protected]. If, for whatever reason that doesn't work, send me an email and I'll see if I can find someone out there to do it for you.

Cowdirt - I'll second your recommendation on Patricia.
She used to be one of my clients, when I was in practice in Giles Co., 20+ years ago; she bred cows for me back in the late 80's(sent the last of the calves I got from her breeding to the slaughter plant last year, as an 18-yr old cow), and I know the boys at Robt. Elliott & Sons Angus, up this way in Montgomery Co., TN use her when they synch and breed a large bunch - 'cause she's fast and good at getting the semen where it's supposed to go.

Latest posts