Agree or disagree?

Help Support CattleToday:

I disagree with the decision, but I don't know what the argument was. Taxation without representation? Doesn't seem right to me to be taxed when I can't vote the crooks out and the tax benefits me in no way whatsoever.

JMHO

Salicylic":mg1powd0 said:
Doesn't seem right to me to be taxed when.........the tax benefits me in no way whatsoever.
Salicylic, I thought your whole family was in the cattle business? Is it just Caustic and Muratic? You must not even be in the cattle business if you think the Checkoff benefits you "in no way whatsoever."

An increase in beef demand benefits all of us. At least, all cattlemen. Pretty simple.

JMHO

Because I don't know all the arguments and justifications of SCOTUS's decision, I can't really answer the question as stated. But if the question regards the benefits of the checkoff then I agree with Texan. As long as the checkoff dollars go for advertising the virtues of beef then I'm for it.

I agree. And as mentioned in another thread...I'd be willing to throw in that second dollar.

certherfbeef":1myzf32k said:
I agree. And as mentioned in another thread...I'd be willing to throw in that second dollar.

When you sell a bull do you make out that ck. for $1.00 and mail it in ??

Everytime?

If you want to send in that second $1.00 just make that ck. out for $2

WORANCH":18mm0rwp said:
certherfbeef":18mm0rwp said:

When you sell a bull do you make out that ck. for $1.00 and mail it in ??

Everytime?

If you want to send in that second $1.00 just make that ck. out for $2

Good point - I guess you could remit as many extra $1's as you wanted.

Most people I know don't send in anything - that is on private treaty sales. I pay the $1 head on everything sold private treaty, and remit the money for the buyers so they don't have to do anything. I think using the money to promote the beef industry is a good thing.

Agree, Being a CowBelle,we(the CowBelles) use some of the checkoff money to educate the public about the importance and the benefits of beef.We give out recepies and very helpful nutrition info.at the county and State Fairs here.The feed back we get is very positive.So I agree.

Agree. It's all about education and positive advertising for YOUR product.

And hats off to all of you who voluntarily send in your monies after a private treaty sale.