Afghanistan

Help Support CattleToday:

Saw Biden speak on the news last night. The guy is just old I guess and loosing it. He has no facial expressions and has that look of his porch light is on, but nobody is home. I can't see the guy lasting three more years. All the stress from this may finish him off mentally. Kind of feel for the guy.
I would, if he weren't so dangerous. He's a tool and a dangerous one. His family has committed elder abuse because of their greed for money and power. No way should Biden be president, but he is. I remember when it was said that Obama picked him for VP as insurance. No one would take Obama out because Joe was next in line.

I would, if he weren't so dangerous. He's a tool and a dangerous one. His family has committed elder abuse because of their greed for money and power. No way should Biden be president, but he is. I remember when it was said that Obama picked him for VP as insurance. No one would take Obama out because Joe was next in line.
Same reason spread eagle is in there...

We keep blaming this on Biden.. Who is in charge of the military?? Why would you remove the armed forces when you were going to run for it? Now, I read that US citizens who need to get out of there are having to sign loan agreements to pay about $2K for airfare. Maybe everyone who wants to jump on those foreign contracts will think one more time before signing on!!!!!!!! Biden shut down the agency who got our people out in the event of a crisis... Biden cannot be doing this, someone else is writing this crap and making him sign. We need to kinow who is behind the scene here. I think it is Obummer, he never liked the US.

We keep blaming this on Biden.. Who is in charge of the military??
Biden, by the US constitution, is Commander-in-Chief of all the US military forces, just as Trump, Obama, and Bush etc were prior to Biden.

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States . . . ." U.S. Const. art. I, § 2, cl. 1.."

(I assumed this was common knowledge. Guess not. Evidently, they ceased to teach civics and American history sometime after I graduated high school?)

Biden, by the US constitution, is Commander-in-Chief of all the US military forces, just as Trump, Obama, and Bush etc were prior to Biden.

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States . . . ." U.S. Const. art. I, § 2, cl. 1.."

(I assumed this was common knowledge. Guess not. Evidently, they ceased to teach civics and American history sometime after I graduated high school?)
I knew he was commander in chief, I meant that there is someone elsepulling the strings. Biden is too out of it to make any decision.... You & I are probably about the same age, and I had the civics etc in high school besides being the son of a WWII vet..

Think about being in the middle of a surprise attack and having to retreat!! Imagine the conversation: Who has the keys to the Hummer?? Joe has them he's in the can!!

Wow! You're right! I'd never have thought of that! Good thinking!

Wow you think they are stupid? I was reported that 83 million worth of hardware was left behind. We can't get it home or destroy it for that?
$83 million? Yeah, you're right! Surely we could get all that back here and rebuilt for that much money!

I was wrong it was brought up today and it's 85 BILLION. I think we can for that
Especially considering it would/should primarily fall to the military we are already paying using equipment we already are paying for at bases we are …….you guessed it already paying for. No reason they couldnt come back the same way they went.

I was wrong it was brought up today and it's 85 BILLION. I think we can for that
How much of that $85 billion in hardware is equipment and arms that was left behind by US military units?. (NOT including the new stuff the US govt sold or handed over to the Afghan govt, such as all the humvees we've seen the pictures of)

It's pretty unusual for units to abandon & leave behind their rolling stock, spares and weapons during a scheduled withdrawal. Anything not economically feasible to be reconditioned is usually cut up and sold for scrap, and a lot of that did happen in Afghanistan in the last 7 months.

New Afghan leader. Don't expect any changes from the old regime. In a couple weeks heads will be coming off by the thousands with dull rusty knives. At least here we have guns and bullets and don't care to use them to prevent this from ever happening.

Abdul Ghani Baradar

baradar.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone looking for a read, Return of a King by William Dairymple tells the story of the first British-Afghan war. It was published in 2012, and the author spent some time in Afghanistan getting insight from the locals. I thought the end was worth sharing:

The following morning in Jalalabad we went to a jirga, or assembly, of Ghilzai tribal elders, to which the greybeards of Gandamak had come, under a flag of truce, to discuss what had happened the day before. The story was typical of many I heard about Karzai's government, and revealed how a mixture of corruption, incompetence and insensitivity had helped give an opening for the return of the once hated Taliban.

As Predator drones took off and landed incessantly at the nearby airfield, the Ghilzai elders related how the previous year government troops had turned up to destroy the opium harvest. The troops promised the villagers full compensation and were allowed to plough up the crops; but the money never turned up. Before planting season, the Gandamak villagers again went to Jalalabad and asked the government if they could be provided with assistance to grow other crops. Promises were made; again nothing was delivered. They planted poppy, informing the local authorities that if they again tried to destroy the crop the village would have no option but to resist. When the troops turned up, about the same time as we were arriving at nearby Jagdalak, the villagers were waiting for them and had called in the local Taliban to assist. In the fighting that followed, nine policemen were killed, six vehicles were destroyed and ten police hostages taken.

After the jirga was over, two of the tribal elders of Gandamak came over and we chatted for a while over a pot of green tea.

"Last month," said one, "some American officers called us to a hotel in Jalalabad for a meeting. One of them asked me, 'Why do you hate us?' I replied, 'Because you blow down our doors, enter our houses, pull our women by the hair and kick our children. We cannot accept this. We will fight back, and we will break your teeth, and when your teeth are broken you will leave, just as the British left before you. It is just a matter of time.'"

"What did he say to that?"

"He turned to his friend and said, 'If the old men are like this, what will the younger ones be like?' In truth, all the Americans here know their game is over. It is just their politicians who deny this."

"These are the last days of the Americans," said the other elder. "Next it will be China".

For anyone looking for a read, Return of a King by William Dairymple tells the story of the first British-Afghan war. It was published in 2012, and the author spent some time in Afghanistan getting insight from the locals. I thought the end was worth sharing:

The following morning in Jalalabad we went to a jirga, or assembly, of Ghilzai tribal elders, to which the greybeards of Gandamak had come, under a flag of truce, to discuss what had happened the day before. The story was typical of many I heard about Karzai's government, and revealed how a mixture of corruption, incompetence and insensitivity had helped give an opening for the return of the once hated Taliban.

As Predator drones took off and landed incessantly at the nearby airfield, the Ghilzai elders related how the previous year government troops had turned up to destroy the opium harvest. The troops promised the villagers full compensation and were allowed to plough up the crops; but the money never turned up. Before planting season, the Gandamak villagers again went to Jalalabad and asked the government if they could be provided with assistance to grow other crops. Promises were made; again nothing was delivered. They planted poppy, informing the local authorities that if they again tried to destroy the crop the village would have no option but to resist. When the troops turned up, about the same time as we were arriving at nearby Jagdalak, the villagers were waiting for them and had called in the local Taliban to assist. In the fighting that followed, nine policemen were killed, six vehicles were destroyed and ten police hostages taken.

After the jirga was over, two of the tribal elders of Gandamak came over and we chatted for a while over a pot of green tea.

"Last month," said one, "some American officers called us to a hotel in Jalalabad for a meeting. One of them asked me, 'Why do you hate us?' I replied, 'Because you blow down our doors, enter our houses, pull our women by the hair and kick our children. We cannot accept this. We will fight back, and we will break your teeth, and when your teeth are broken you will leave, just as the British left before you. It is just a matter of time.'"

"What did he say to that?"

"He turned to his friend and said, 'If the old men are like this, what will the younger ones be like?' In truth, all the Americans here know their game is over. It is just their politicians who deny this."

"These are the last days of the Americans," said the other elder. "Next it will be China".
Are you kidding?

Latest posts