Afghanistan

Help Support CattleToday:

How could we be so stupid? Just walk off and say here you go. Was there a plan? No wonder the Taliban are grinning ear to ear. Merry Christmas, I bet the keys are in them.. We have got to get better leadership in this country and that is for both sides.

AANvsZA.img

Last edited:
Yep walked off and left them BILLIONS of $$ in US military weapons and supplies that you and I paid for and some relative of ours may very well die in front of in the near future. The man is a disgrace and a stain on this nation.

What a country. When we first went in they were riding camels and when we leave they have new armor plated Humvees, with new weapons, plenty of ammo, etc.

I'm no expert on military equipment but for several years the dozers we have do not use a key to start. Turn on a master switch and push a green button.
But of course the doors use a key. Same John Deere key that has been used on all JD equipment since I started operating dozers over 40 years ago.

I'm quite sure the ignition keys are with the vehicles. They were no longer US property when the picture was taken.

No telling where that equipment is today or even last week or last month. The photo is 6 months old, dated Feb 24 2021 as part of the rolling stock handed over to the former Afghan govt to defend itself against the Taliban.

"During a special ceremony, the United States handed over new combat equipment to Afghan National Army on Wednesday, the Ministry of Defense stated.

Shah Mahmood Miakhel, first deputy minister of defense and Acting Minister of Defense thanked the United States for the assistance, the statement said.

Miakhel added that improving the capacities and capabilities of the ANA forces is the initial priority of the defense ministry, and Afghan forces are equipped with new combat equipment based on the defense programs and strategies.

These assisted (assorted) armored and combat vehicles will be used to improve and strengthen the security in the country.

According to the statement, the United States army handed over 640 military vehicles to the Afghan Defense Ministry this includes 403 armored Humvees, 42 Ford ranger vehicles, 23 ambulances, and 170 motorcycles."

It may very well today all be roaming around under a Taliban flag, just as a lot of equipment traveled into Saigon and Tehran under Hanoi and Ayatollah flagging when those 2 nations fell.

For those that remember, the Iranian Islamic republic ended up with 1 or 2 squadrons of F14 Tomcats, (9 total aircraft) when they toppled the Shah of Iran. They have about 30 still operational according to Iran tho they are pretty much an obsolete platform 42 years later. Iran fought legal battles to get possession of 3 special built DD-963 Spruance Class destroyers the Shah had already paid for, but congress wouldn't allow that delivery so the US Navy turned those 3 into what was known as the Kidd class destroyers. I was on a Spruance class destroyer in the late 70s and we referred to the Kidd class as the Ayatollah class destroyers.

They will rewire them bypassing the ignition. Are defending our incompetent administration for leaving all these armaments behind?

I'm trolling. Military rolling stock doesn't have keys.

Leaving it all there doesn't matter that much IMO. The Afghani's can't maintain it or afford to operate it effectively or efficiently. We know how to defeat it all already. While money isn't an object at that scale, IMO and based on experience in this particular area, it'd probably cost more to bring it back and refurb/repair to an acceptable level than to just leave it there.

Incompetency is relative and too many of you don't understand what you're critiquing. If I'm defending anything, it's knowing what you're talking about before talking about it.

I'm trolling. Military rolling stock doesn't have keys.

Leaving it all there doesn't matter that much IMO. The Afghani's can't maintain it or afford to operate it effectively or efficiently. We know how to defeat it all already. While money isn't an object at that scale, IMO and based on experience in this particular area, it'd probably cost more to bring it back and refurb/repair to an acceptable level than to just leave it there.

Incompetency is relative and too many of you don't understand what you're critiquing. If I'm defending anything, it's knowing what you're talking about before talking about it.
Biden made us a laughing stock in front of the world. Troll that.