Afghanistan

Help Support CattleToday:

Are you part of the 50 Cent Army
I shared a book excerpt that provided some insight into the mentality of Afghan tribal leaders. I'm not sure why that triggered you and TT.

Edit: Are you misreading the excerpt to say that it's China's time to rise to power? That's not what it says. The leader is saying that it's their turn to get their teeth broken in Afghanistan.

I shared a book excerpt that provided some insight into the mentality of Afghan tribal leaders. I'm not sure why that triggered you and TT.

Edit: Are you misreading the excerpt to say that it's China's time to rise to power? That's not what it says. The leader is saying that it's their turn to get their teeth broken in Afghanistan.
Who steps in when we step out?

I'm offended by the allegation our troops are abusing children in Afghanistan.

I'm certainly not triggered as that's not in my nature.
Those aren't my words. Whether the allegations are true or not, they provide insight as to the feelings of the residents of Afghanistan.

In a war like Afghanistan or Vietnam, some times the only difference between "precious child" and "enemy combatant" is what side you're on.

Greece completes border wall extension to deter potential Afghan migrants

Karolina Tagaris
Fri, August 20, 2021, 1:22 AM

By Karolina Tagaris
ATHENS (Reuters) -Greece said on Friday it had completed a 40-km fence on its border with Turkey and a new surveillance system was in place to stop possible asylum seekers from trying to reach Europe following the Taliban's takeover of Afghanistan.
Events in Afghanistan have fuelled fears in the European Union of a repeat of the 2015 refugee crisis, when nearly a million people fleeing war and poverty in the Middle East and beyond crossed to Greece from Turkey before travelling north to wealthier states.
Greece was on the frontline of that crisis and has said its border forces are on alert to make sure it does not become Europe's gateway again.

1629562340001.png

Greece completes border wall extension to deter potential Afghan migrants

Karolina Tagaris
Fri, August 20, 2021, 1:22 AM

By Karolina Tagaris
ATHENS (Reuters) -Greece said on Friday it had completed a 40-km fence on its border with Turkey and a new surveillance system was in place to stop possible asylum seekers from trying to reach Europe following the Taliban's takeover of Afghanistan.
Events in Afghanistan have fuelled fears in the European Union of a repeat of the 2015 refugee crisis, when nearly a million people fleeing war and poverty in the Middle East and beyond crossed to Greece from Turkey before travelling north to wealthier states.
Greece was on the frontline of that crisis and has said its border forces are on alert to make sure it does not become Europe's gateway again.

View attachment 7426
I see that, I am impressed, and not the least bit offended.

Those aren't my words. Whether the allegations are true or not, they provide insight as to the feelings of the residents of Afghanistan.

In a war like Afghanistan or Vietnam, some times the only difference between "precious child" and "enemy combatant" is what side you're on.
If I might intervene:

I try to step back and look at the overall picture, we go to these foreign countries and try to help the victims of their "own people". In the process we kill "fathers" whose sons grow to hate US soldiers and the country they represent. Short of the "cobalt strip", this cycle will not end. The quote from the book "Return of a King" I think basically states what some of you have already acknowledged, China may very well step in to Afghanistan next.

"He turned to his friend and said, 'If the old men are like this, what will the younger ones be like?' In truth, all the Americans here know their game is over. It is just their politicians who deny this."

"These are the last days of the Americans," said the other elder. "Next it will be China".

Please don't attack each other :(

Latest posts