Afghanistan

Help Support CattleToday:

Trump had committed to a troop withdrawal by May 1.......just a few weeks ago. But if you were to research the concept of the Great Game, it will make you both angry and sad. Also nation building doesn't work when the tribal bonds are primary in their heart. My brother worked there several times for the USDA and some NGOs..............his estimate of the dollars wasted is enormous....and that is just on some of the "small" programs. We'll probably pay the price again in other ways and in different venues........

The woke spoke

GENERAL MARK MILLEY:
The Afghan Security Forces have the capacity to sufficiently fight and defend their country, and we will continue to support the Afghan Security Forces where necessary in accordance with the guidance from the president and the secretary of defense.

The future of Afghanistan is squarely in the hands of the Afghan people, and there are a range of possible outcome in Afghanistan. And I want to emphasis repeatedly, and I've said this before, a negative outcome, a Taliban automatic military takeover, is not a forgone conclusion. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and make adjustments as necessary.

Isn't he the same goof who said he was ashamed of his "whiteness?

We never beat the Taliban. Some were sheltered in Pakistani safe havens. Others hid in the population. We pretended we were winning. Sound familiar?

"Winning" militarily would require cooperation from Pakistan AND a ruthless ground war. Never going to happen. So Sleepy Joe was right to oppose the surge. He just didn't have a proactive alternative.

"Losing" militarily means more drugs and refugees heading for Europe. Maybe they can come up with a plan.

Last edited:
The difference in the potential under a real commander in chief: begin withdrawal, talk it up big, let the rats come out of hiding and when they are several days from shelter, reverse with sudden power and wipe them out. This current deal is a tail between the legs run. The UN is helpless with those who are out to kill to have power. Soldiers die under the UN flag rather than their own country's flag and from dollars from us rather than their own country. The UN is a means to legitimatize soldiers from all over the world to be sent out as mercenaries. A positive: with the Taliban in control, China will have more trouble getting the mining done. Just ask Russia.

Agreed on every point. Biden is doing what should have been done by the past three presidents. I don't know if he would have withdrawn if he thought the Afghan government would fold, but staying longer wasn't going to change anything.
O'Biden had two terms to do something about this, he did nothing but line his and his families pockets with greed.

They are showing videos now of people clinging to planes taking off and falling from the sky. Sounds like things are going well.

The plus side is it is all Trumps fault and he isn't President anymore so I expect the new administration will have it well in hand shortly, as soon as they get back from vacation.

They are showing videos now of people clinging to planes taking off and falling from the sky. Sounds like things are going well.

The plus side is it is all Trumps fault and he isn't President anymore so I expect the new administration will have it well in hand shortly, as soon as they get back from vacation.
Sleepy is back in Washington and is speaking to the nation shortly they say.

President Biden did a very good job of reading his speech. Better and more fluid than I anticipated from an old man. But he offered no insight or any pertinent information. I'm sure his handlers will be happy his address/photo op went as well as could be expected. But boy did he turn and move off stage as fast as he could as soon as he finished reading his speech. All smoothly scripted.

President Biden did a very good job of reading his speech, better and more fluid than I anticipated from an old man. But he offered no insight or any pertinent information. I'm sure his handlers will be happy his address/photo op went as well as could be expected.
He plays the blame game rather well doesn't he?

For years people wanted the US out of Afghanistan. It was bipartisan: Trump and Biden both were adamant about it, and both were right. It's easy to complain about how it was done, and maybe rightfully so, but there was no withdrawal plan that would have prevented Taliban takeover. The Afghans do not want to protect their own country and corruption is and was rampant.
It was a mistake going in 20 years ago and would have been a mistake to stay. Lest we not forget, Trump said he had reached a peace accord with the Taliban just last year.

For years people wanted the US out of Afghanistan. It was bipartisan: Trump and Biden both were adamant about it, and both were right. It's easy to complain about how it was done, and maybe rightfully so, but there was no withdrawal plan that would have prevented Taliban takeover. The Afghans do not want to protect their own country and corruption is and was rampant.
It was a mistake going in 20 years ago and would have been a mistake to stay. Lest we not forget, Trump said he had reached a peace accord with the Taliban just last year.
We are absolutely right to complain about this foolish retreat your guy has orchestrated.

Liberals used to call Afghanistan the "good war" and Iraq the "bad war", why are you jumping ship now?

Might be why they aren't shooting at us now.

We are absolutely right to complain about this foolish retreat your guy has orchestrated.

Liberals used to call Afghanistan the "good war" and Iraq the "bad war", why are you jumping ship now?

Might be why they aren't shooting at us now.
I defy you to find anything I have said on here about either. I am not jumping any ship, the manner of the withdrawal is justified criticism, but the fact that we needed out is not.

Afghan conflict: US and Taliban sign deal to end 18-year war

President Biden did a very good job of reading his speech. Better and more fluid than I anticipated from an old man. But he offered no insight or any pertinent information. I'm sure his handlers will be happy his address/photo op went as well as could be expected. But boy did he turn and move off stage as fast as he could as soon as he finished reading his speech. All smoothly scripted.
They have a series of drugs that can induce momentary lucidity

Latest posts