Afghanistan

Help Support CattleToday:

I have to think Biden feels some culpability for the regime change in Afghanistan. You can argue if he should.

I say the same thing that has now happened would have happened if Trump was now president. Again, you can argue that. No way to KNOW.

I also have to think Biden, and any other future president will smack the Taliban very hard if they continue to support foreign terrorism. I think we should smack them if they do. Our special forces are formidable.

All that said, we should celebrate the end on the drain on our treasure, and the end to American soldiers getting killed and maimed.

I have to think Biden feels some culpability for the regime change in Afghanistan. You can argue if he should.

I say the same thing that has now happened would have happened if Trump was now president. Again, you can argue that. No way to KNOW.

I also have to think Biden, and any other future president will smack the Taliban very hard if they continue to support foreign terrorism. I think we should smack them if they do. Our special forces are formidable.

All that said, we should celebrate the end on the drain on our treasure, and the end to American soldiers getting killed and maimed.
Agreed on every point. Biden is doing what should have been done by the past three presidents. I don't know if he would have withdrawn if he thought the Afghan government would fold, but staying longer wasn't going to change anything.

Biden is doing what should have been done by the past three presidents. I don't know if he would have withdrawn if he thought the Afghan government would fold, but staying longer wasn't going to change anything.
Sometimes you just need to stay in the game, and not make changes. What is Uncle Joe' overall plan? This looks like a one and done.

We lost much more than folks realize.
I am not sure we had anything to begin with. Our "friends" are friends of convenience, or because we pay them to be our friends.

The quote 'In international relations, there are no permanent friends or permanent enemies, only permanent interests' is attributed to Lord Palmerston, the nineteenth-century British prime minister (1855-1865). The axiom, however, is as true today as it was in his days, one-and-half century ago.

I am not sure we had anything to begin with. Our "friends" are friends of convenience, or because we pay them to be our friends.

The quote 'In international relations, there are no permanent friends or permanent enemies, only permanent interests' is attributed to Lord Palmerston, the nineteenth-century British prime minister (1855-1865). The axiom, however, is as true today as it was in his days, one-and-half century ago.
Trump would have had a plan, Sleepy does not. Well, unless turning our fighting force into a bunch of woke sissies counts.

America hasn't had a plan to win a war since the assassination of Patton. They fired McArthur for being in it to win it. He wanted to lay a cobalt belt between China and Korea.
We haven't been in it to win it since then.

America hasn't had a plan to win a war since the assassination of Patton. They fired McArthur for being in it to win it. He wanted to lay a cobalt belt between China and Korea.
We haven't been in it to win it since then.

That's not the discussion, we're talking about withdrawing from an untenable situation with the fewest casualties possible.

Trump would have had a plan, Sleepy does not. Well, unless turning our fighting force into a bunch of woke sissies counts.
If Trump had a plan, he chose not to execute it. He had his chance. The Afghanistan withdrawal actually looks remarkably similar to what Trump did with our troops in Syria, though that was on a smaller scale.

This is not about friendship, this is about being competent and reliable.

How do you think this plays in Taiwan or Ukraine ?

Last edited:
That's not the discussion, we're talking about withdrawing from an untenable situation with the fewest casualties possible.
Oh but grasshopper that is the discussion no matter the President! If we had went in to win it we wouldn't be here today.
This strategic boondoggle has been happening since Korea.
Same battle plan same results.
Nation building doesn't work.

Anybody over 30 years old ,would know it was gonna happen on anyone's watch...unless they don't have a clue about the people of that region...

Oh but grasshopper that is the discussion no matter the President! If we had went in to win it we wouldn't be here today.
This strategic boondoggle has been happening since Korea.
Same battle plan same results.
Nation building doesn't work.
Actually we did win it but are choosing to give it away. I whould be all for leaving troops there indefinitely provided we started mining that sh*thole country for the rare earth and other minerals they possess.

The woke spoke

GENERAL MARK MILLEY:
The Afghan Security Forces have the capacity to sufficiently fight and defend their country, and we will continue to support the Afghan Security Forces where necessary in accordance with the guidance from the president and the secretary of defense.

The future of Afghanistan is squarely in the hands of the Afghan people, and there are a range of possible outcome in Afghanistan. And I want to emphasis repeatedly, and I've said this before, a negative outcome, a Taliban automatic military takeover, is not a forgone conclusion. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and make adjustments as necessary.

We could go over and educate the whole bunch.all it would accomplish is, they would be able to count how many bullits they used..

Latest posts