Afghanistan

Help Support CattleToday:

It can get complicated, our perspective on the life style these people choose or have lived from the beginning of time, may not be theirs. We have to be careful because in an effort to to make their world better, by our standards we can "become what we despise".

After all the time I spent there. After all the friends we shipped home in boxes. After all the losses and the traitorous activities of those we attempted to help, after the schitte treatment by our own governments and the lack of support when we returned home, I have a solution that will not make me popular but it will solve the problem.
"Turn it black, flat and let it glow in the dark."
DO NOT let any of them in to your country!

China is prepared to recognize the Taliban as the legitimate ruler of Afghanistan if it succeeds in toppling the Western-backed government in Kabul, U.S. News has learned, a prospect that undercuts the Biden administration's remaining source of leverage over the insurgent network as it continues its startling campaign to regain control.

China is prepared to recognize the Taliban as the legitimate ruler of Afghanistan if it succeeds in toppling the Western-backed government in Kabul, U.S. News has learned, a prospect that undercuts the Biden administration's remaining source of leverage over the insurgent network as it continues its startling campaign to regain control.

But Sleepy Joe said just yesterday that the Afghan government would not fall. I'm so confused. Could this all be more Russian misinformation?

We should have never went in!
No one has successfully occupied them since Genghis Khan!
Afghanistan has spent most of it's history under some foreign power's foot. If we REALLY wanted to force them into submission we easily could. Problem is that the country is absolutely worthless.

Afghanistan has spent most of it's history under some foreign power's foot. If we REALLY wanted to force them into submission we easily could. Problem is that the country is absolutely worthless.
No conquering power has every kept it , with the exception of the Khans.
Hard to bomb a country back to the Stone Age that still lives there.
Only cure for that country is a cobalt belt.

After all the time I spent there. After all the friends we shipped home in boxes. After all the losses and the traitorous activities of those we attempted to help, after the schitte treatment by our own governments and the lack of support when we returned home, I have a solution that will not make me popular but it will solve the problem.
"Turn it black, flat and let it glow in the dark."
DO NOT let any of them in to your country!
Twenty years wasted. Almost 3,000 dead. Over 20,000 maimed for life.

When I first got out of school I was hired by a retired Air Force guy, Jim, a man who I become good friends with and respect greatly. I was a young smart ass punk.

I made a comment one afternoon as we were doing our best to support Anheuser-Busch that we should never went to Vietnam. Sitting with us was Tom, another guy I worked with, a friend, who fought in Vietnam. My comment was really to Jim. Tom interjected and said this ain't a discussion you want to have. I was smart enough to shut up.

Still yet.

There was a time not so long ago that people were proud of their sons and daughters to go fight our wars. That was injured in Korea, and died in Vietnam. Yet, we did it again, more than once since Vietnam.

Any parent would have a chill run through them today when their kid announced their intent to join the military. I am still proud of the kid, much much proud, and I owe a debt to the parent.

The fault lies with the war pigs.

Twenty years wasted. Almost 3,000 dead. Over 20,000 maimed for life.

When I first got out of school I was hired by a retired Air Force guy, Jim, a man who I become good friends with and respect greatly. I was a young smart ass punk.

I made a comment one afternoon as we were doing our best to support Anheuser-Busch that we should never went to Vietnam. Sitting with us was Tom, another guy I worked with, a friend, who fought in Vietnam. My comment was really to Jim. Tom interjected and said this ain't a discussion you want to have. I was smart enough to shut up.

Still yet.

There was a time not so long ago that people were proud of their sons and daughters to go fight our wars. That was injured in Korea, and died in Vietnam. Yet, we did it again, more than once since Vietnam.

Any parent would have a chill run through them today when their kid announced their intent to join the military. I am still proud of the kid, much much proud, and I owe a debt to the parent.

The fault lies with the war pigs.
We had over 20k casualties on Iwo and I think 30k at Anzio.
Difference is we went in it to win it.
Ike was right about the industrial military complex!
They have been pulling the strings ever since.

Went and looked up Anzio over 40k casualties.

"In 1219 Genghis Khan went to war against the Khwarezm Empire in present-day Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan and Iran. The sultan there had agreed to a trade treaty, but when the first caravan arrived its goods were stolen and its merchants were killed. The sultan then murdered some of Genghis Khan's ambassadors. Despite once again being outnumbered, the Mongol horde swept through one Khwarezm city after another, including Bukhara, Samarkand and Urgench. Skilled workers such as carpenters and jewelers were usually saved, while aristocrats and resisting soldiers were killed. Unskilled workers, meanwhile, were often used as human shields during the next assault. No one knows with any certainty how many people died during Genghis Khan's wars, in part because the Mongols propagated their vicious image as a way of spreading terror."

This is all they have understood and grasped through the centuries.

Despite being one of the poorest nations in the world, Afghanistan may be sitting on one of the richest troves of minerals in the world, valued at nearly $1 trillion, according to U.S. scientists.

The surveys verified all the major Soviet finds. Afghanistan may hold 60 million tons of copper, 2.2 billion tons of iron ore, 1.4 million tons of rare earth elements such as lanthanum, cerium and neodymium, and lodes of aluminum, gold, silver, zinc, mercury and lithium. For instance, the Khanneshin carbonatite deposit in Afghanistan's Helmand province is valued at $89 billion, full as it is with rare earth elements.

"Afghanistan is a country that is very, very rich in mineral resources," Jack Medlin, a geologist and program manager of the U.S. Geological Survey's Afghanistan project, told Live Science. "We've identified the potential for at least 24 world-class mineral deposits." The scientists' work was detailed in the Aug. 15 issue of the journal Science.

Despite being one of the poorest nations in the world, Afghanistan may be sitting on one of the richest troves of minerals in the world, valued at nearly $1 trillion, according to U.S. scientists.

The surveys verified all the major Soviet finds. Afghanistan may hold 60 million tons of copper, 2.2 billion tons of iron ore, 1.4 million tons of rare earth elements such as lanthanum, cerium and neodymium, and lodes of aluminum, gold, silver, zinc, mercury and lithium. For instance, the Khanneshin carbonatite deposit in Afghanistan's Helmand province is valued at $89 billion, full as it is with rare earth elements.

"Afghanistan is a country that is very, very rich in mineral resources," Jack Medlin, a geologist and program manager of the U.S. Geological Survey's Afghanistan project, told Live Science. "We've identified the potential for at least 24 world-class mineral deposits." The scientists' work was detailed in the Aug. 15 issue of the journal Science.
Now I'm really stirred up. We should have kept the dang place and mined the snot out of it.