Afghanistan

Help Support CattleToday:

Doesn't the US disproportionately fund the UN?
Yes if we only look at the amount of dollars given, from what i understand.

Not certain if we were to look at other metrics like GDP or amount of tax money collected etc.

I do not think that the UN should be writen off merely because we pay more into it than poorer countries. Look for instance at the genocide in Bosnia Herzegovina that was stopped. Good work is going on in the UN mission in the Sahel. The UN missin to Haiti a number of years ago was successful.

Out of curiosity, what else has led you to your ways of thinking on the UN?

I am not confrontational on this. I just want ti understand your POV. It might help ke to evolve mine some.

Oh yeah, i do not think your disdain is unique. I have heard that a lot of people think this way. I have just never been exposed to what people view as the issue with them and i am curious. If there are things that led to my POV that are inaccurate or i do not have all the information then i want to know. I certainly do not want to look like a dumbass in front of a bunch of people i respect for their amount of knowledge of livestock and their generally good advice on taking care of them.

Thank you for discussing this with me to this extent.

I don't think I'm alone in my distain and distrust of the UN. Their reputation was hard earned over the years.

I'm glad you're a supporter as that is your right.
One thing that I question about them is with some of the countries that are allowed to be on certain committees or councils. Kind of makes things counterproductive.

The Taliban must just walk through a town and it is taken. Those people just want stand up and fight. It could take months to take a town if they would fight. The government troops have them well outnumbered and more and better equipment.

Last edited:
My brother has been there for 5 tours and he says you can't tell the average rag head to go into a room turn on a light, read the clock and tell me what time it is. Most have no education, never seen electric anything including a clock.

The weapons will not only help the Taliban's march on Kabul but "strengthen its authority" in the cities it has captured,

With US troops all but gone, the Taliban now find themselves flush with American-supplied tools, without having to raise a single penny.
I don't see the Taliban taking on China or Iran, and they are very unlikely to mess with Pakistan over tribal boundaries. So no local use for these weapons unless someone starts a civil war. Could be some really great deals on used AK 47s. Ripples...

Last edited:
Steve, they are using them against us as we speak.
In a couple days - - the last helicopter will lift off and then the Taliban can have alcohol free parties with their boy friends. But what comes next? They are not skilled enough to make Nikes or ICBMs. So either they grow more poppies or turn on minorities like ISIS did. I expect cleansing.

In a couple days - - the last helicopter will lift off and then the Taliban can have alcohol free parties with their boy friends. But what comes next? They are not skilled enough to make Nikes or ICBMs. So either they grow more poppies or turn on minorities like ISIS did. I expect cleansing.
Of course there is always the Al Qaeda connection.

Why are we leaving our military equipment behind?

Freakin' incompetent fool in the White House.

There are lots of reasons for it, some valid, some not valid, depending on what equipment it is and how hard it is to retrograde it out.
Believe it or not, even 50 yrs ago, we were not allowed to bring any of our squadrons equipment out of Vietnam until it had passed a USDA inspection to make sure we weren't bringing home and foreign dirt, invasive plants/seeds or insects. It was a rigorous endeavor to get everything cleaned up before we could put it aboard ship to bring it back to CONUS.

Not saying that is the reason in Afghanistan, but they put us thru the wringer way back when.

I saw m-60 tanks, 105mm and 155mm artillery and lots of ammo left behind in Laos in 1971 and aircraft had to go in afterwards and destroy it in place. Just couldn't get it back out into S. Vietnam in a short period of time with several divisions of NVA rolling all over the friendly forces.

I feel sorry for the young girls and mutilation they will be facing now.

But i can't see any point staying. If i was a military person i would of staged this exit to flush them out and clean them up once and for all.

The U.N. - Rwanda genocide, what a mess. Unfortunately to me the U.N. along with the WHO have become corrupt, no evidence, just an observation from afar.

A friend was on peace keeping mission in Papa New Guinea when his mate next to him was shot dead as they walked down a street. Messed my friend up pretty bad.

The Afghan President has fled the country.

It's over. Afghanistan is lost.
Didn't take em long as I thought..I got a FB post deleted back when they were first talking of pulling them out..I said it was going to happen, even Ray Charles could see that..But it also don't hurt that I have a book that tells about such things, it gives me a edge..

Latest posts