Afghanistan

Help Support CattleToday:

China had a deal in 2013 or prior for copper mining. I used to help train NG troops going over for ag assignments (good will). They told me the mindset of the people is to wait and let the invading nations (including the US) spend their time and when they are gone just go back to what they want to do. In the meantime, kill them if you can. In some of their pictures were bare mountains with a green sheen. The green was the copper ore and the mountains were solid deposits.

Despite being one of the poorest nations in the world, Afghanistan may be sitting on one of the richest troves of minerals in the world, valued at nearly $1 trillion, according to U.S. scientists.

The surveys verified all the major Soviet finds. Afghanistan may hold 60 million tons of copper, 2.2 billion tons of iron ore, 1.4 million tons of rare earth elements such as lanthanum, cerium and neodymium, and lodes of aluminum, gold, silver, zinc, mercury and lithium. For instance, the Khanneshin carbonatite deposit in Afghanistan's Helmand province is valued at $89 billion, full as it is with rare earth elements.

"Afghanistan is a country that is very, very rich in mineral resources," Jack Medlin, a geologist and program manager of the U.S. Geological Survey's Afghanistan project, told Live Science. "We've identified the potential for at least 24 world-class mineral deposits." The scientists' work was detailed in the Aug. 15 issue of the journal Science.
For some reason we don't value minerals. A strategic reason given for leaving is they don't have oil.

India will lose, and Pakistan and China will gain from this. Belt and road projects will drive right thru Afghanistan and Pakistan to the ocean.

Don't know that Joe and K Pamala have an international plan. Seems like they are reacting. Good thing our borders are secure.

Last edited:
We should have never went in!
No one has successfully occupied them since Genghis Khan!
He was really really good at killing people. Pretty easy to occupy a depopulated area, but killing is not a popular skill today.

So you have to have another plan to deal with the unwashed. Just giving them greenbacks does not seem to work. May need a stick too.

Last edited:
The United States spent more than $88 billion to train and equip Afghanistan's army and police

We spent a total of $2.3 trillion fighting in Afghanistan, on top of the $3 trillion we spent in Iraq

Experts say such hauls -- on top of unacknowledged support from regional allies such as Pakistan -- has given the Taliban a massive boost.

The weapons will not only help the Taliban's march on Kabul but "strengthen its authority" in the cities it has captured, said Raffaello Pantucci, senior fellow at the S Rajaratnam School of International Studies.

With US troops all but gone, the Taliban now find themselves flush with American-supplied tools, without having to raise a single penny.

"It is incredibly serious. It is clearly going to be a massive boon to them," he said.

The British couldn't hold Afghanistan, nor the Russians, nor us. There are reasons that place is impossible to hold together. We should have not been there for 20 years. I am sorry for the people, and i am tired of flushing my childrens and grandchildrens future down the toilet for something we will never be able to fix. I am also tired of loosing my brothers and sisters to something for the same reason.

It is time to get gone and let the UN do their thing.

The British couldn't hold Afghanistan, nor the Russians, nor us. There are reasons that place is impossible to hold together. We should have not been there for 20 years. I am sorry for the people, and i am tired of flushing my childrens and grandchildrens future down the toilet for something we will never be able to fix. I am also tired of loosing my brothers and sisters to something for the same reason.

I was right there with you right up to the part about the UN.

The United States spent more than $88 billion to train and equip Afghanistan's army and police

We spent a total of $2.3 trillion fighting in Afghanistan, on top of the $3 trillion we spent in Iraq
The money spent on the endless wars in these two countries would have been enough to cover the Democrat's social infrastructure experiment. We did not get our money's worth on the wars and suspect that the return on the social experiment will be about as successful. After 250 years, we have about proven that we are not responsible enough to manage this form of government that was established my a group far smarter and responsible than the present owners.

We should have got out of the UN back in the 60's I remember road signs saying Get the U.S. out of the U.N.... If Afghanistan has copper and lithium and other valuable minerals, that the Chinese are going to end up with, this explains why this Green new deal crap is gbeing shoved deown our throats. The crooked bastards in D.C. have already made a deal with China for Afghanistan and probably getting a cut of the Lithium battery sales in the future... Really, how can there be so many millionaires in the house and senate at their salary....???? It is time to clean house. The RINOs have sold us out.

I was right there with you right up to the part about the UN.
The reason i mention the UN is because i have worked within their peace keeping missions when i was in the military. I have seen them be successful. It also removes the burden from a few countries and places it on a lot of countries. The UN is not nearly the demon some people think it is.

Do you have experience working with the UN? If so i would really like to hear about your experience. If not i would really like to hear how you formed your opinion.

Yeah, I don't see the UN being an entity to accomplish anything, had actually forgotten about it.
If the UN was worth a damn, they would have already caught Soros and taken him back to Hungary... We should just take up a collection for some of our cajun friends in Louisiana to give him a ride to Hungary. I would bet it would cost a lot less than what the UN would charge...

We should have got out of the UN back in the 60's I remember road signs saying Get the U.S. out of the U.N.... If Afghanistan has copper and lithium and other valuable minerals, that the Chinese are going to end up with, this explains why this Green new deal crap is gbeing shoved deown our throats. The crooked bastards in D.C. have already made a deal with China for Afghanistan and probably getting a cut of the Lithium battery sales in the future... Really, how can there be so many millionaires in the house and senate at their salary....???? It is time to clean house. The RINOs have sold us out.
The points in my reply are being lost in the peoples reaction to my mentioning the UN.

The reason i mention the UN is because i have worked within their peace keeping missions when i was in the military. I have seen them be successful. It also removes the burden from a few countries and places it on a lot of countries. The UN is not nearly the demon some people think it is.

Do you have experience working with the UN? If so i would really like to hear about your experience. If not i would really like to hear how you formed your opinion.
Doesn't the US disproportionately fund the UN?

Latest posts