AFC/NFC Championship Games

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":uycbvtj1 said:
Son of Butch":uycbvtj1 said:
greybeard":uycbvtj1 said:
I do hate to see Pat Mahomes season end like this, but I'm told, ....that kind of thing builds character.
Every year 11 of the 12 play off teams season ends with a loss.
Mahomes couldn't do much in the 1st half, but he proved his mettle coming from behind 14-0 and going toe to toe
with Tom Brady by putting up 31 points in the 2nd half. Only to lose in overtime because you lost the coin flip.
IF you have to go out with a loss, going out on a strong note like that is as good as it gets.
I was sort of rooting for the Chiefs because of Mahomes but in all reality he got beat because Tom Brady drove his team 70 yards for a touchdown. End of game, end of story. Excuses don't matter. Tell that to your bookie.

The "Roughing the Passer" shoulder tap didn't help the Chiefs at all. Neither did Dee Ford being offside for the game ending interception. I will say this, though, that Bellicheck is a magician. Brady is amazing, but can't move like he used to. Gronk is probably good for one more game. Edelman is about their only target. Other than that, it's a bunch of guys that Bellicheck gets the absolute best from.

3 INTs for Brady if Ford's penalty doesn't happen (in which his offsides had no effect on the play btw).
But, as much as I can't stand Bill and Tom, and, as much as I hate to see the horrible no call for my Saints, lets get real for a second, sports has and will always be like this. Back and forth, "if this wouldn't have happened then my team would've won", bad calls, close calls, inches, millimeters, woulda coulda shoulda. That's what makes it special but at same time can't lose sleep and sanity, especially for the super fans

Bestoutwest":27q2m8nn said:
TexasBred":27q2m8nn said:
Son of Butch":27q2m8nn said:
Every year 11 of the 12 play off teams season ends with a loss.
Mahomes couldn't do much in the 1st half, but he proved his mettle coming from behind 14-0 and going toe to toe
with Tom Brady by putting up 31 points in the 2nd half. Only to lose in overtime because you lost the coin flip.
IF you have to go out with a loss, going out on a strong note like that is as good as it gets.
I was sort of rooting for the Chiefs because of Mahomes but in all reality he got beat because Tom Brady drove his team 70 yards for a touchdown. End of game, end of story. Excuses don't matter. Tell that to your bookie.

The "Roughing the Passer" shoulder tap didn't help the Chiefs at all. Neither did Dee Ford being offside for the game ending interception. I will say this, though, that Bellicheck is a magician. Brady is amazing, but can't move like he used to. Gronk is probably good for one more game. Edelman is about their only target. Other than that, it's a bunch of guys that Bellicheck gets the absolute best from.

Year after year after year. :nod: :clap:

torogmc81":1lt43m9h said:
3 INTs for Brady if Ford's penalty doesn't happen (in which his offsides had no effect on the play btw).
But, as much as I can't stand Bill and Tom, and, as much as I hate to see the horrible no call for my Saints, lets get real for a second, sports has and will always be like this. Back and forth, "if this wouldn't have happened then my team would've won", bad calls, close calls, inches, millimeters, woulda coulda shoulda. That's what makes it special but at same time can't lose sleep and sanity, especially for the super fans
:shock: :shock: :???: :???:

lawsuit has been filed to force comish to order the last part of the game replayed....only in New Orleans would this be a thing..

"Why is the rule there if it's not going to be implemented?" asked attorney Frank D'Amico, who filed the suit in state Civil District Court in New Orleans on behalf of Tommy Badeaux and Candis Lambert.
Don't be surprised if a New Orleans judge does try to make Goodell do exactly what the suit asks for.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/new-orle ... nship-game

greybeard":292l6iwf said:
lawsuit has been filed to force comish to order the last part of the game replayed....only in New Orleans would this be a thing..

"Why is the rule there if it's not going to be implemented?" asked attorney Frank D'Amico, who filed the suit in state Civil District Court in New Orleans on behalf of Tommy Badeaux and Candis Lambert.
Don't be surprised if a New Orleans judge does try to make Goodell do exactly what the suit asks for.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/new-orle ... nship-game

Could potentially be a very dangerous precedent.

greybeard":3m9umm8e said:
It's at the discretion of the commissioner. A judge can't tell the commish how to use his discretion. Just a publicity stunt going nowhere by Frank D'Amico.

ga.prime":1nnd64yh said:
greybeard":1nnd64yh said:
It's at the discretion of the commissioner. A judge can't tell the commish how to use his discretion. Just a publicity stunt going nowhere by Frank D'Amico.
I agree, which is why I said "try" to make Goodell do exactly what the suit asks for..

haase said:
I'm sure you know what I meant, referring to a lawsuit or any kind of do over quarter, it would just never happen.
Goodell won't do it, Condoleeza Rice won't do it.
But it will happen one day, probably with a next generation snowflake soccer commissioner leading the way. :)

Hope that never happens, glad I had the chance to watch football in the best years, 70s and 80s, snowflakes will miss out on so much it isn't funny, but at least they have their cell phones.

Son of Butch said:
well, at least i nailed the heck out of the under and had the right winner... :)
and another year of hearing brady is too old.

Brady ain't going to quit tell WELL after he should have. My guess is his last year he will look like a joke (And I don't mean that in a negative way at all he is just wired to play football)

Latest posts