Power conf's championship games predictions/thoughts

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
There are 4 championship conference games next weekend, means a whole bunch for the final four. I only see one team from each conference getting in ...... and one conference standing outside looking in. Any thought on the out come of the games and who's outside looking in?

SEC: Bama and Mizz.
Not much to say other than Bama wins, if not maybe the SEC is outside looking in.

PAC 12: Oar-e-gone and Arizona.
Or-gun's last two losses have come at the hands of the cats, not this time most of the o-line is healthy and marriota has turned his game up a notch since that loss. Oregon wins big.

ACC: FSU and Georgia Tech.
Tough matchup for the noles, GT is on fire, I believe they have won their last 5. But FSU seems to find a way to squeek by. The Noles in another close game.

Big 10: Ohio St and Wisconsin.
This seems to be a big game, season ending injury to Ohio St's QB last week, they're now down to their 3rd string guy. I think it will be Wisconsin which well leave the big 10 outside looking in.

Big 12: no championship game, but if the Buckeyes lose TCU is in, jmo, i don't think Baylor will pass them in the polls. If the Buckeyes win their in and the Big 12 is outside with their nose on the glass. Of course the same can be said for the Ducks, Bama, or FSU .. They loose and they are out ...... Except for Bama .... There's just to much bias media love for Nick and his boys. :roll: :( :hide:

Alan":186hqrak said:
There are 4 championship conference games next weekend, means a whole bunch for the final four. I only see one team from each conference getting in ...... and one conference standing outside looking in. Any thought on the out come of the games and who's outside looking in?

SEC: Bama and Mizz.

PAC 12: Oar-e-gone and Arizona. I agree--Oregon wins big.

ACC: FSU and Georgia Tech. FSU fans will immediately start screaming that the 'noles deserve to still be in the top 4 based on a one loss--it won't fly with the committee tho.

Big 10: Ohio St and Wisconsin. I haven't followed Wis at all but I am going to guess that Ohio St finds a way to win. They will be in at #4.

Big 12: Baylor will lose to Kan St and TCU will beat Iowa St--TCU is in at #3.

After-next-weekend prediction:
1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. TCU
4. Ohio St.

Today's meaningless Amway Coach's Poll just out AP poll out later today:

1. Ala
2. FSU
3. Oregon
4. TCU
5.Baylor
6.Ohio St.
7. Mich St.
8.Arizona
9. Kan St.
10 Miss St.

(GA and Miss St both dropped 6........UCLA dropped 7 places.......Ga Tech moved up 3--Ole Miss moved up 5)

Baylor outside even if they win against K. St. I was not terribly impressed with 'bama's win over Auburn, but realize it was a rivalry with Auburn playing only the role of spoiler. Best game I've seen (streamed) all year

AP poll (Nov. 30)
1. Alabama
2. Florida St.
3. Oregon
4. TCU
5. Baylor
6. Ohio St.
7. Michigan St.
8. Arizona
9. Kansas St.
10. Mississippi St.

I agree completely GB, the polls a completely worthless these days. I said this about the coaches poll before, many coaches have said they do not have time to watch other teams in the top 25 so they just vote the same as it was the last week. The AP finally has no muscle, it does seem the committee does put some seriuos thought to the rankings.

I agree with Alan, and with the last sentence. But Bama has earned their bias. Might as well just declare them the champs and get ready for next year.

Alan":1afoohxp said:
I agree completely GB, the polls a completely worthless these days. I said this about the coaches poll before, many coaches have said they do not have time to watch other teams in the top 25 so they just vote the same as it was the last week. The AP finally has no muscle, it does seem the committee does put some serious thought to the rankings.
There have been years past, that coaches in several different conferences admitted they colluded with other coaches to pad the AP poll to their liking. And it wasn't contained within just that coaches' conference either.
I think the committee is doing doing a pretty good job, especially considering this is the 1st year under this format.

Alan and Highgrit, you both believe Alabama has a chance of upsetting Missouri? I had thought Missouri would have no problem, so I might as well go to the sales barn instead of watching the game. Maybe I should stay home and watch in case Bama gets enough good breaks to stay in the game.

It could happen Stocky--alabama would need something close to divine intervention but there's always that slim chance.......I'm sure the auctioneer would announce such a complete disaster over the sound system tho, so you may as well go ahead and go to the salebarn.

I think I get your drift, Greybeard. Although, Alabama beat Arkansas by 1 and Missouri beat Arkansas by 7, so it sounds like a 6 point victory for Missouri. On the other hand, Missouri could not beat Indiana and could not score against Georgia and the SEC east was the weakest in history. I guess we will find out in a week. I have found that every time Missouri makes me believe they have a chance, they end up falling short. Last year against Auburn and a few years ago against Oklahoma. Same thing with the Kansas City Chiefs. Tonight against Denver was a disaster and the loss last week against Oakland was just unbelievable.

Stocky, that's why they play the games. A good team can beat a great team on any given day. No one knows why, but it happens all the time.

stocky":9zicj4ne said:
Alan and Highgrit, you both believe Alabama has a chance of upsetting Missouri? I had thought Missouri would have no problem, so I might as well go to the sales barn instead of watching the game. Maybe I should stay home and watch in case Bama gets enough good breaks to stay in the game.

While I would love to see Bama go down to Mizz Saturday, only because it would really throw the SEC in a mess, Bama is a 14 point favorite on most early lines. So if Mizz beats Bama then it would be an upset, not the other way around. If Mizz wins I think there is a very good chance that a two loss Bama still gets in the playoffs, which would have some one loss teams who are not in sure whining a lot. Going to the sale is your choice to make.

No way Alabama or anyother team is going in with two losses. Mizzou does have a chance of beating Bama. They remind me of FSU, they keep winning even when they are supposed to lose. Mizzou has not had a lot of respect in the conference this year because of the loss at home to Indiana. The SEC east was very weak and they played the weakest 2 teams in the west. However everybody keeps picking against them and they keep winning. They are a good team and they have a chance to beat Bama but it could turn out like the Georgia game also. I look for mizzou to put up a good fight but will be very surprised if they upset Bama. Saban wants in this playoff bad.

Surely Mizzou won't let Alabama hang 55 on them like Auburn. I think Alabama will win but I hope for a contest.

Oregon

FSU

Ohio State

Deepsouth":3u39sylt said:
Georgia Tech is going to throw down on Florida State!

There are a lot of games that can and will go either way this weekend. Just keep on bashing US and we will keep on proving you wrong. Shall I go back and find some of your quotes about the Mississippi teams and your previous predictions. and If you forgot ACC 4 - SEC 0 this past weekend and don't give me any crap about the weakest teams in the sec cause that Sec koolaid you drink said the weakest SEC team can beat any ACC team.

Thanks M5, I was biting my tongue so hard on the 0-4 SEC vs ACC last weekend it was starting to bleed. :lol:

Seriously, you are correct, anything can happen in these games, but a note for all you east coast guys. Take a nap Friday afternoon, set your DVR's to fox starting at 9 pm your time and get ready for some real fun football!

J&D Cattle":1quw31vm said:
Surely Mizzou won't let Alabama hang 55 on them like Auburn. I think Alabama will win but I hope for a contest.

Oregon

FSU

Ohio State

I hope you are wrong on #4. Missouri/Ala should be a good game and the Buckeye/Badger game should be as well.
Alan, you guys need to move your clocks up a few hrs--too late for me to sit up and keep up with them at that left coast time slot.

J&D Cattle":16x0oakd said:
I'm hoping Mizzou at least play all 4 quarters insyead of goofing off early. I don;t follow college football much but I don;t think they could get away with that against alabama

Alan":2rg3xwzs said:
Thanks M5, I was biting my tongue so hard on the 0-4 SEC vs ACC last weekend it was starting to bleed. :lol:

Seriously, you are correct, anything can happen in these games, but a note for all you east coast guys. Take a nap Friday afternoon, set your DVR's to fox starting at 9 pm your time and get ready for some real fun football!
Probably what I'll have to do for 2nd half anyway....game should be over by then anyway. ;-)

dun":na6ao199 said:
J&D Cattle":na6ao199 said:
I'm hoping Mizzou at least play all 4 quarters insyead of goofing off early. I don;t follow college football much but I don;t think they could get away with that against alabama

They will get smoked if the offense only shows up for a half or like lately a quarter. Defense better keep us close.

Latest posts