Advice on what to buy

Help Support CattleToday:

I would split it buy 14 ss bred (750) and 5 second calf heifers (1300) and you will still have some money left over equipment vet and maintence.

Went and looked at the cheap cows today. They were skin and bones and straight from the sale barn.

Going to look at getting 15 of these tomorrow.

https://fayar.craigslist.org/grd/d/tyro-33-black-angus-cows/6877881486.html

Howdy Neighbors!

We just moved here 3 years ago, after visiting once and just falling in love with everything (except seed ticks and chiggers and giant horse flys)

My wife commutes into Fayetteville.

Really looking forward to settling in and exploring the state more.

I been a thinking we will get enough tourist that they will pack off most of the seed ticks and chiggers. Hasn't worked yet but we can hope.

I have 18 good black and black baldies 2nd and 3rd stage that are 3-5 years old. Would take 1150 per hd. Good cows that did not take an embryo and got bull bred. PM me if interested.

If your new to the cattle deal I'd buy some good old 5-6 year old momma cows. Pairs would be better than breds the first time around too. With breds you can end up with too many problems if buying from a trader or salebarn. Stay away from heifers and SS cows until you get used to what to look for when it comes to calving or bag problems. Get a good moderate to low birthweight bull to breed them back to and you should be ok.

MrSmith said:
Went and looked at the cheap cows today. They were skin and bones and straight from the sale barn.

Going to look at getting 15 of these tomorrow.

https://fayar.craigslist.org/grd/d/tyro-33-black-angus-cows/6877881486.html

I am only new too, but I know the images have angus cross as well, nothing wrong with them though....unless the baldies are just mixed in and not for sale that is.

I would recommend the younger cows especially if you plan on sticking with it for some time. And since you stated that you don't have a whole lot of cow experience I think it's the better choice. That's how I started out I just kept buying heifer at a time young herd and best genetics you can afford has always been my theory. I definitely wouldn't spend the whole 20 on cows if that's all money you have set aside. With cattle you definitely need some oh s?*t money in case something goes haywire.

Latest posts