advice on choice of loader tractor 95-100hp

Help Support CattleToday:

If you are looking for a good heavy duty tractor for the majority of doing loader work a construction tractor/loader combo might be best. It is not a must, but 4x4 has it advantages in places also. On brand important things are dealer location to you and quality of course, you usually get what you pay for. Give us a number of what you want to spend and overall use and we will pin it down as more info needed. Welcome as I see it is your 1st post.

Get one with 4x4 if doing much with loader. We killed a 2 wheeler here. Have real dealer support not just what ever is closest.

I think Deere, Case, New Holland, and Kubota are all good choices when it comes to shuttle shifts doing lots of loader work. I'd want a bigger frame like the 6 series Deere or M6 kubota. I'd also look for a tractor that has the adjustable forward/reverse shifting firmness, mine doesn't have it and the shifts can be pretty abrupt @ 2,000 rpm. Self leveling loader would be nice too. Electric over hydraulic controls are easier for hours of use but cables are fine too. 4x4 would be a must also.

Industrial or construction loaders will definitely be built heavier, but you usually loose some ground clearance. 4x4 is a must. Dealer location is huge. When you are in the middle of a project and something breaks, the last thing you want to do is drive 2hours one way to get parts.
We have had two John Deere 6000 series tractors made in Manheim, Germany. A 6320 MFWD w/ 640SL loader and 6330 MFWD w/ 673SL loader. Both around 90hp. Both had left hand reverses. They are bulldozers on tires! We clear pastures. Push out trees up to 6-8" in diameter . Move dirt, shape water ways. Haul about 1,000 round bales a year. Clean barns & scrape lots. And anything else you can think of to do with a loader tractor.

I bought the Branson new in 2007 and it's never been back nor have I. If I need something there is the internet and UPS. I don't need a dealer next door to babysit me.

I prefer non self leveling loaders. Even brand new self leveling loaders have slop in the bucket / forks and it only gets worse from there. NSL loader require less maintenance and last longer. With the joystick controls we have today there is no need for a self leveling loader IMO

Silver said:
I prefer non self leveling loaders. Even brand new self leveling loaders have slop in the bucket / forks and it only gets worse from there. NSL loader require less maintenance and last longer. With the joystick controls we have today there is no need for a self leveling loader IMO

Agree with this. Never ran one that actually worked decent, always end up manually leveling.

Latest posts