'Active' Duty Soldier Disarmed Illegally

Help Support CattleToday:

Using "active duty soldier" is an "appeal to authority" and has no bearing on the facts of the situation. We had another vid posted a while back of a guy somewhere open carrying and arguing with a police officer. It is an equally jackass thing to do whether you are active duty military or a private citizen. Carrying a camera means to me that he anticipates and welcomes a confrontation with someone, probably a cop.

I agree. No need in rubbing stuff in people's faces. I don't like homo's but they have the right to kiss if they want but I'd prefer they do it in private and not at a bus stop in front of my children when its illegal for their daddy to smoke a cigarette in public. Try explaining that to your children. I ain't lost nothing in DC - well maybe the country I love - but that would be all.

He was being a jackass and deserved a punch that our cops aren't allowed to dish out but I didn't see a reason for him to go to jail for resisting arrest. He was belligerent but since he was within his rights he should be able to be belligerent. There's no law against being an a$$hole. If he was legally able to walk down the road with a rifle then the only proper response from law enforcement should be to explain why they were concerned, apologize for the misunderstanding, hand him his guns, and send him on his way.

What with his temperament and having loaded weapons I think the cops were within there right.
I would have not handed a loaded weapon back to a person as mad as he was.
And as someone said I think he was out just looking for a fight.
Being on active duty should have no bearing on it.

Cal

Had a camera and an assault weapon, just some a hole looking for 15 minutes of fame.

If you hand cuff someone I would think you should make sure he's unarmed. If he was really mad or looking for trouble once they took his AR he could of killed both of them with his 1911. Everyone that has a smart phone has a camera. The guy was a jerk that's for sure.

I am just a dumb outsider, but ......

I watched the video. And I then researched to the best of my ability the laws of the area.

If everything I read from official sites and the fact he has a carry permit is true - then he did NOT break any laws.

I know this will all come out in the wash - but just because the guy is/was considered an idiot or azzhole does not mean he should have been arrested.

Remember - you can do or be anything you want - be as obnoxious as you want - and as long as you do not break any laws - under your own rules in the United States of America - you cannot be arrested.

A lot of people died to create those laws, rules and privileges that others around the world admire SO much.

Some here do not seem to be very concerned about possibly losing those rights - slowly and yet so surely.

I find it interesting that so many believe the police were within their rights to arrest this guy for apparently doing NOTHIING illegal.

If all of the information I read is true, it is quite likely the police actually were in the wrong here.

Did anyone hear him getting his rights read?

Did anyone hear him being told he was under arrest?

In fact, at first blush it seems the police created their own laws on the spot - making it up as they went.

This soldier/citizen/taxpayer/person's rights quite likely WERE denied.

In my opinion this should bother all of you immensely.

Might be you next time folks.

Then what?

My best

Bez

Based on the info that he had earlier tried to get the Temple City council to declare some kind of 2nd ammendent statement i believe that he was looking to provoke a confrontation with law enforcement.
Does that make him wrong..no! Does that make him stupid....maybe. If he was smart he would have at the least had his attorney present to challenge the police in a calm and controlled manner.

He will most likely win especially if he can get a jury trial but it's gonna cost him. In my mind this is where my NRA dues should be going to help guys like this even if they don't do it by the book.

greybeard":1oer2609 said:
I have a $20 cheap as they come phone--it has a camera. I must be looking for trouble.

You sure are with a $20 cell phone, I know it sounds just Like my POS only yours has a camera. :lol:

We don't know this guy was arrested, just detained and disarmed while detained. Believe me, for my experience with most cops I know they can get badge heavy real quick. We have had this conversation before, with the fear of terriost and the mental state of a lot of folks in this country, walking around with a AR strapped to your chest is asking for trouble illegal or not. I may not have happened if he had a bolt action or 10-22 type rifle. We also don't what happened in the conversations before the camera started to roll. Lot of unanswered ???

snake67 said:
A lot of people died to create those laws, rules and privileges that others around the world admire SO much.

Some here do not seem to be very concerned about possibly losing those rights - slowly and yet so surely.

In fact, at first blush it seems the police created their own laws on the spot - making it up as they went.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not really that unusual.
Again look at what happened in New Orleans. They made their own laws in many cases.
In the wind up the NRA did step in to support citizens rights..

Latest posts