About to buy a truck

Help Support CattleToday:

It may have to be fairly new. Good used work trucks with low mileage seem hard to come by.

fitz

Last but not least, id buy a chev. They are built the lightest, decent on fuel, but if you take them off the highway, you might as well be driving a mini van. They pull good but have no ground clearance, have alot of rattles in the dash in very little time, and the dust in the cab is worse than riding on the back bumper while travelling back roads.

All true I got a duramax 01 that is chipped, would rather have the Dodge Mage cab than mine, I got 211,000, on mine, does okay but, the interior man it sucks, just does not make for a nice ride, rattles and hard to keep clean. I tow something monthly, not towing on highway average over 500 miles to a tank 33 gals.

thoomoos: If you drove a Dodge/Cummins you would'nt hear all those raddles and squeaks. Mine just turned over 200K and I hav'nt heard a darn thing.

as a personal truck i am running a 2010 cummins mega cab 3/4 ton. it is the best truck i have ever owned, all though it is a bit hard on fuel. I am pulling a 33 foot fifth wheel camper that has a dry weight of 9200 lbs, and it will pull it at any speed i want. I went on a trip with a buddy who had a 2004 duramax with a camper that was within 200 lbs of mine, and it worked out that from tank to tank i was burning 6 litres/ 1.30 gallons less than him per tankful. the big difference was passing and getting to speed, where the cummins walked all over him with out even a problem. hope this helps.

ps Im a bit biased. I have drove them all and had problems with all but a dodge. I am not worried about a few litres/gallons of fuel if i can count on reliability and with the new body style and 6.7 diesel you can hardly tell you are running a diesel

Well I found one.
2008 F350 XLT 4x4 with 6.4 and CM flatbed. 18,000 miles.
I'm going to get it Saturday.

Good deal, money spent on a product from a company that hasnt asked for a handout due to poor Managment

good for you thats pretty low miles for a 2008 is it a auto or manuel? and you say f350 but is it a single wheel or dually. those 6.4s were just coming out in late 07 when i got my dodge and i drove 1 or 2 and thought that they may have had more power than my dodge but i had herd from someone that they were bad on fuel.

Happy you found a truck. Now we need a pic
cheerful.gif

We have a Ford and a Dodge. Both 3/4 ton and diesels, but when I haul use the Dodge. It's a manual and it get's better fuel mileage.
That said, the Ford (a 2000 F250) has almost 370,000 and the Dodge (2001 2500) is about to hit 300,000.

It's a dually with the CM flatbed. Has the manual transmission. Paying 30k for it.

Glad to hear about the manual transmition that should help with fuel milege and having plenty of truck is to me allways better than not enough.

Latest posts