A photo tribute to MillironQH

Help Support CattleToday:

Earl Thigpen":1mbavpei said:
Workinonit Farm":1mbavpei said:
Earl Thigpen":1mbavpei said:
I'm really glad to see a face attached to a handle. Wished we weren't so afraid to be more open about our identity or said a different way, I wished we didn't HAVE to be so afraid about our identity.

So long, Zach.

Earl, a couple of years ago there was quite a long thread that was pretty much just pics of most of us (I am not one of them though, I still haven't had the time to get techno-savy enough about doing the pic thing).

I don't remember what board it was on, possibly the breeds board. But if you do a long and thorough search, I'm sure its still out there somewhere.

Katherine

I think I'll do that. I think we all form mental images about what folks look like from the way the respond the the chatter that goes on here.

Take Dun for example. I have him pictured as middle aged, business man, wise beyond his years, a scrapper, graying, etc.

Then there's CB, a late 50's/early 60's person, rancher all his life, frugal, smart, slightly overweight, wears kahkis, long sleeve shirts and a baseball cap (well worn) and a ruddy complexion.

Crowder tries real hard to present himself as a hick but every once in a while his smarts comes out and he gives himself away. He's mid to late thirty's, 5'10", 175 pounds, wears coveralls with one strap hangin' off ...(ha)

All the ladies are beautiful when I can tell they are ladies. Sometimes I can't because their handles don't give them away. So, ladies, make sure you're fully dressed when you sit down at the confuser to post. I'm watchin' you. :shock: :lol:

All of this is of course good fun. My picture of Milliron was completly in left field. He was good to talk to and I enjoyed every second of it.

I would like to see them also. If you find them before I do could you share?

What is a scrapper?

Jogeephus,

It was Zack who said that. We used to josh each other because he had roots down here in S. LA and he said he brought his coffee making skills with him to Texas. I will definitely brew a pot of extra thick for him Friday!

Goodbye old friend!

Gate Opener":jrxup4bg said:
Earl Thigpen":jrxup4bg said:
Workinonit Farm":jrxup4bg said:
Earl Thigpen":jrxup4bg said:
I'm really glad to see a face attached to a handle. Wished we weren't so afraid to be more open about our identity or said a different way, I wished we didn't HAVE to be so afraid about our identity.

So long, Zach.

Earl, a couple of years ago there was quite a long thread that was pretty much just pics of most of us (I am not one of them though, I still haven't had the time to get techno-savy enough about doing the pic thing).

I don't remember what board it was on, possibly the breeds board. But if you do a long and thorough search, I'm sure its still out there somewhere.

Katherine

I think I'll do that. I think we all form mental images about what folks look like from the way the respond to the chatter that goes on here.

Take Dun for example. I have him pictured as middle aged, business man, wise beyond his years, a scrapper, graying, etc.

Then there's CB, a late 50's/early 60's person, rancher all his life, frugal, smart, slightly overweight, wears kahkis, long sleeve shirts and a baseball cap (well worn) and a ruddy complexion.

Crowder tries real hard to present himself as a hick but every once in a while his smarts comes out and he gives himself away. He's mid to late thirty's, 5'10", 175 pounds, wears coveralls with one strap hangin' off ...(ha)

All the ladies are beautiful when I can tell they are ladies. Sometimes I can't because their handles don't give them away. So, ladies, make sure you're fully dressed when you sit down at the confuser to post. I'm watchin' you. :shock: :lol:

All of this is of course good fun. My picture of Milliron was completly in left field. He was good to talk to and I enjoyed every second of it.

What is a scrapper?

Maybe it's scraper - a fighter, likes to argue for the sake of argument, doesn't back down, in your face .... and carries himself like that. And of course he's probably not like that at all. Just a picture I get when he puts someone in his/her place - like me sometimes.

Thanks, Syd. I looked and found a few pictures. Most directed you to a spot that I don't think is there anymore.

Katherine, looks like we might have to start over with the pictures.

Not-So-Plain-Country Girl":24c8xcfv said:
Earl,
Where is it located. I looked for an hour last night and couldn't find it. I would great appreciate it.

Go to the "search" tab at the top of the page and click it. When the search page comes up type in "Don't be shy *" and then select the "Breeds" forum. Click the "search" button. It should be the first one listed after returning the results of the search.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Earl thanks for the link, a lot of them were not on there anymore, and I noticed my name on there as a coward for not posting a photo, I didn't know about the post as other wise I might have done.

Earl Thigpen":2h6adxka said:
Gate Opener":2h6adxka said:
Workinonit Farm":2h6adxka said:

So long, Zach.

Katherine

I think I'll do that. I think we all form mental images about what folks look like from the way the respond to the chatter that goes on here.

What is a scrapper?

Maybe it's scraper - a fighter, likes to argue for the sake of argument, doesn't back down, in your face .... and carries himself like that. And of course he's probably not like that at all. Just a picture I get when he puts someone in his/her place - like me sometimes.

I see what you mean. I have heard of the term scrap. Like he likes to scrap. I just didn't put it together. Duh.

I might be wrong but I don't see Dun as a scraper(or scrapper ??). Maybe he was as a teen. I think he is too smart for that now. You really can't fight someone nowadays without being sued or thrown in jail. I do think he carries himself like that. In other words confident but not in a pretentious way. JMO

Latest posts