A little help

Help Support CattleToday:

gh1217":1a9qh6rg said:
I knew 101 was normal. We had the vet out today. She wasn't postive what was going on either. We ran a hose down him. Some air came out. She pumped some stuff into him that should make him have some BM's. She listen to his lungs and they sounded pretty clear. She gave him a dose of the micatil to be sure. She sleaved his rectum to check for blockage. (nothing) She felt like we should see some improvment tomorrow. If not she thought he may have a blocked or twisted intestine.

Nuflor is not my favorite but you should have seen a response IF it is BRD. Once is a while Micotil will work on lung problems when Nuflor didn't.
You did the right thing by having the vet come out. Sounds like she is working on both ends.

Well, we had the vet out again yesterday. Tube down his throat again. Some air and brown water came out. He couldn't pass anything. This was the second time the vet had came out for him. We even put needles in his upper stomach to drain of air. He was very big around and bloated. His BM was only some of the lining of his intestines. We agreed with the vet that he had some kind of blockage or a twist in his intestine. The vet said only surgery could fix him.
We had to put him down today. :(

gh1217":2dfjqhxd said:
Well, we had the vet out again yesterday. Tube down his throat again. Some air and brown water came out. He couldn't pass anything. This was the second time the vet had came out for him. We even put needles in his upper stomach to drain of air. He was very big around and bloated. His BM was only some of the lining of his intestines. We agreed with the vet that he had some kind of blockage or a twist in his intestine. The vet said only surgery could fix him.
We had to put him down today. :(

I'm sorry...again, you did all you could, had the vet out, she did all she could. Sometimes ya' just got to tell youself, "It's just not meant to be."

Alice

Latest posts