A I WITH CYSTORELIN

Help Support CattleToday:

JERSEY MAN

Reaction score
HAS ANYONE USED CYSTORELIN FOR AI SYNC. IF SO THEN WHEN DID YU GIVE THE FIRST INJECTION AND SO ON, HAD A LOCAL DAIRYMAN TELL ME TO GIVE IT WHEN I NOTICED FIRST SIGN OF HEAT. I TRUST HIM BUT WOULD LIKE SOME MORE INPUT
THANKS ALOT GUY'S :help:

JERSEY MAN":2nm6kdbq said:
HAS ANYONE USED CYSTORELIN FOR AI SYNC. IF SO THEN WHEN DID YU GIVE THE FIRST INJECTION AND SO ON, HAD A LOCAL DAIRYMAN TELL ME TO GIVE IT WHEN I NOTICED FIRST SIGN OF HEAT. I TRUST HIM BUT WOULD LIKE SOME MORE INPUT
THANKS ALOT GUY'S :help:
Often they will not come into heat if they have a cyst, so you may have to wait a while.
Cystorelin Is also used to help synch so if they are already in heat why use it.
What is your purpose in using Cystorelin?

Cystorelin us a brand name for GnRH. My understanding of what it does is to cause ovulation. If it's given when a follicle isn;t ready it will cause the cycle wave to restart, if the follicle is ready it will cause ovulation so that the egg is passed at a optimum time for fertilization.
If an ovary is cystic it will also cause the oavary to restart the cycle effectively eliminating the cyst.

Thanks Dun
You caused me to go "googling"
Found 'ovsynch' Sounds like something I may have to look into. I have heard of it but don,t know of anyone that uses it.
Have you ever used it?
What are your thoughts on it?

novatech":quv20ubq said:
Thanks Dun
You caused me to go "googling"
Found 'ovsynch' Sounds like something I may have to look into. I have heard of it but don,t know of anyone that uses it.
Have you ever used it?
What are your thoughts on it?
I think with times AI it may be of value but for AI using observed standing heats I don;t know how much good it would do.
I've never used myself, have heard of it but don;t know anyone who has used it.

I have used Cystorelin for timed AI . You give a injection when implanting the CIDR and again when you AI . Two years ago I changed to OVACYST . Its the same type drug that does not need to be refrigerated.

Cystorellin is a brand of GNRH

Ov synch is a synchrony protocol of which GNRH is a part.

Sounds like a call to the vet or to the AI smen rep is needed to expain it all.

the only time i used cystorelin,aside from flushing, is when i had a cow, that did not settle at the usual times of a.i., then cystorelin at first sign of heat, and breed twice twelve hours apart............

Here's the protocol we use

Place CIDR plus gave shot of Cystorelin for hormone enhancement. The CIDR is left in to release projesterone for 7 days. Then it is removed and a shot of Lutylyse (sp) is given to bring them into heat. Calves are taken off them at this time for about 2 days. They are watched for heat detection. Then bread at 36-48 hours after Lut if heat detected. Then released back into pasture.

pdfangus":1znoocr2 said:

If your refering to my post on Ovacyst ,it is also a GNRH . Not a protocol but a brand name..and so are Factrel and Fertagy...

WORANCH":2v5ln0m5 said:
pdfangus":2v5ln0m5 said:

If your refering to my post on Ovacyst ,it is also a GNRH . Not a protocol but a brand name..and so are Factrel and Fertagy...

Hate to burst your bubble but I was replying to a post from novatech.
Ov Sync is indeed a protocol which employs a GNRH, regardless of the brand.

dun":2evwdzlu said:
Cystorelin us a brand name for GnRH. My understanding of what it does is to cause ovulation. If it's given when a follicle isn;t ready it will cause the cycle wave to restart, if the follicle is ready it will cause ovulation so that the egg is passed at a optimum time for fertilization.
If an ovary is cystic it will also cause the oavary to restart the cycle effectively eliminating the cyst.

dcara":2evwdzlu said:
Here's the protocol we use
Place CIDR plus gave shot of Cystorelin for hormone enhancement. The CIDR is left in to release projesterone for 7 days. Then it is removed and a shot of Lutylyse (sp) is given to bring them into heat. Calves are taken off them at this time for about 2 days. They are watched for heat detection. Then bread at 36-48 hours after Lut if heat detected. Then released back into pasture.

We also use the above protocol but we give gnrh at breeding as well to help induce ovulation. Have had great success with this program.
Double R

CIDR product recommends isert for seven days. Give shot of Lutalyse on day 6, pull insert on day 7. Our protocol; CIDR insert for 7 days, then pull CIDR and inject Lutalyse. Heat will be 1 to 3 days later. Works well for us and is fairly simple. Saves the critters a trip through the chute. We don't do much AI anymore but we still sync the heifers so we can calve them out quickly.

what is the difference between ovacyst and cystorelin? are there any animal health problems or concerns with ovacyst?

tate210":27mk2rnn said:
what is the difference between ovacyst and cystorelin? are there any animal health problems or concerns with ovacyst?

Different brands of GnRH. There shouldn;t be any problems

Select Sires says that GnRH at breeding tends to increase the number of ovulations/rate of twins.

I am writing a paper on Ovacyst and I was wondering do you know any good place to get more info on it?

tate210":1xpl3s0w said:
I am writing a paper on Ovacyst and I was wondering do you know any good place to get more info on it?

Specifically the brand name Ovacyst or GnRH in general?

This year . . .

GnRh and CIDR - Day 1

CIDR out and Lut Day 7

GnRh and AI after 54 hours for heifers and 72 hours for cows.

50% conception rate.

If you're going to heat detect, the second GnRh is not necessary.

Latest posts