A deal is a deal

Help Support CattleToday:

Both of y'all are doing good keep it up. This might help when you quit smoking, drinking and dippin. Get a tennis ball or some kind of hand exerciser and use it when you need to keep your hands busy. Helps your mind to keep count of how long, or how many you do. Good Luck

cow pollinater":3a9jpb1m said:
Ouachita":3a9jpb1m said:
I'm starting just as soon as I finish this 30 pack :cowboy:
I've made that mistake quite a few times as well. Finally I figured out that with as many 30 packs as I've bought over the years, wasting one wasn't going to hurt me at all... Right now I have ten cold ones sitting in the fridge and a thirty pack in the laundry room... Don't need it, don't want it. I'll leave the cold ones for the occasional freind that stops by and give the thirty away.

There were only 8 left. Wife drank the last one for me. (wish I could just drink ONE, like her) I usually make my weekly beer run after the feed store every Saturday morning. After reading this thread, I decided to forget the beer, just come home. We live in a dry county, but I'm just a few miles from the OK state line. So, I'll save a fair amount of $$$ in gas money too if I can kick this habit.
Well, I'm on board, and will post results.

There is never a wrong time to give up a habit but there is certainly a 'worst' time and that is now with all the festivities and socializing going on. It is already tough quitting, it's just gonna be a lot tougher on you guys. The best method to quit in my opinion is to 'cold turkey' otherwise you just prolong the misery. I wish you all the luck 8)

How does the cyber cigarette work? NIMH are the best type of batteries I think. They last a long time and can be recharged thousands of times. I do know that the ones that I buy from Mitre 10 are better than the ones from Aldi, but of course twice the price.

Hearing you guys say you only eat once or twice a day makes me shudder. That can't be good for you. Maybe you need to speak to a dietician or someone. It is just a thought for you.

Quit the smokes 35 years ago never was one for beer, now like to sit on the porch with a good whiskey sour.
I haven't had a dip of skoal in 4 day's and haven't been real friendly. I have quit once before and after three day's wife went and bought me a roll. When I started on Skoal is was 20 cent's a can that wasn't yesterday.

Good deal guys. Cb keep it up. I hear day 3 is the worst. We'll find out today i guess

Suzie they have a battery that heats up a element inside. That vaporizes a gel type liquid inside.

hooknline":3pmfz5op said:
Suzie they have a battery that heats up a element inside. That vaporizes a gel type liquid inside.

We all are hooked on the nicotine the cig, skoal or whatever is the delivery system. Bad part about cigarettes is all the toxin's in the smoke as well. I have heard of several people quiting using some products like stonewall or the camel toothpicks versus the patches to wean themself's. You could get hooked on them as well I quess you would just have a spit or smoke free delivery system of nicotine.
I have heard several rave about the electric cig as well.
I am an addict to nicotine and caffine after over three decades of being off the smokes everyone of them still smell wonderful.
If feel I am slipping I am going to try one of the other nicotine delivery systems.

I tried the patches years ago cb. They worked ok except for wanting to put my hands to my mouth all the time. Thats why i like this e cig. Covers thats aspect.
Patched may work well for someone that dips in addition of a gum so theres something in the mouth. I dunno

One way to NOT get more vapor from an e cig is to drop it in the stock tank.
Had it in my shirt pocket, leaned over, ker plop. Still works tho

come on guys an gals the best way to quit is cold turkey.but be ready to gain weight.

Last time quit cold turkey it almost cost me my marriage.
Only had 2 so far today.

Glad to hear it's still working after the dip in the stock tank Hook. I think you're doin' GREAT!
Keep it going! It feels pretty good, huh?!

Not really cf. right now it sucks! So far today ive rewired my whole house, built a new pen, chased calfs atound fencelines for 50 laps, built a 3 story hog condo to maximize effiencency, watched a colony of ants move and gone patty golfing. All before noon.
Sure is hard staying occupied

I know. But the success is worth it. You got a family that really NEEDS you to be healthy and be there for them.
That's what your young man was telling you in his own way.
When you start feeling overwhelmed, just keep reminding yourself of that very simple fact.
Proper motivation always helps.

Ah yes Hooknline, you will get a lot more done.

I do think that there should be a different pay for smokers and non smokers. I used to get a lot more done than the smokers. I couldn't plait manes as fast as they could, but not having to stop for smoke breaks I beat them every time.

Mundane stuff like stuffing envelopes. I did thousands more as did not get up and go outside all the time, but paid the same rate.

Tonights report:
Smoked 4 today and i suspect a 5th before bed
Hows everyone else doing on their side?

Keep up the good work fellas, proud of you both !!!! :tiphat:

My husband was a hard smoker, over a pack a day . He even would have a smoke if he had to get up in the middle of the night . :roll: He quit cold turkey with the help of Nicorette gum in the spring of 2006 and hasn't looked back since . :D

Okay when I was thirty and a two pack a day smoker my young daughter brought a photo home from school that showed a normal lung and a smokers lung to her daddy. I thought about it but did not make the switch then. My daughter would hound me every day find my cigs and shred them. I bought a pack of Marlboros and was driving down the road opened them and took out a smoke I looked at it and thought about my daughter. Rolled the window down and tossed the single and the new pack out the window, never looked back that was 41 years ago. One thing that will make you lose weight is to be diagnosed with type 2 dinettes. Happened August a year ago. Went to a diabetic seminary and learned how to eat. Portion size and the whole smear. Today I am 45 lbs lighter and sugar under control.

My report is not so good. I've kept myself busy all day; as well as anybody can with it raining all day. It's the nicotine I'm having fits with. No patience at all, and I'm a pretty calm guy. Haven't been a pleasant person to be around today, so I've checked fence, and cows 5 times today, watched the ryegrass grow, cleaned and organized my reloading bench, attempted to empty the burn barrel but discovered it weighed 12,555 pounds because it's water logged........I even sat on the couch with my wife and tried to take up knitting :lol: Let me tell you, that ain't something to learn in this condition! I've quit the snuff before, for weeks at a time, but never tried to quit alcohol at the same time. Had a headache all day that I can only attribute to no nicotine, cause beer don't give me a headache. Disgusted to say, I made a beer run a few minutes ago, but the snuff remains untouched. Did a little window shopping while I was out; seen 3 but no horns. I think if I can use the beer as a crutch for a few days till this nicotine withdrawl is over, I'll do fine.
Congrats to CP and hook!!!

Latest posts