A deal is a deal

Help Support CattleToday:

We call our house the halfway house because all the projects are halfway finished

hooknline":7u8g5fj8 said:
Farm girl of course you can join in on this. We probably anout the same age
Anyone thats wants to can. Kathie are you in?
I just picked up the rechargeable e cig and a refill pack for 42 bucks. Its equal to 12 packs of smokes
Its gotta charge for 3 hours.

I've been out of the CT loop on this topic this week, Hook, but let me tell 'ya, I'm definitely in THE dam loop!!! Your invitation was not declined. I hope everyone that has joined the challenge is giving it a helluva try. I've haven't had a smoke for well over a week.

Know why? Cuz I've been in the hospital for most of that time. An ER visit on 11/30; again on 12/02 and admitted that day; discharged afternoon of 12/05, and back in the ER and admitted again that same evening. Discharged home this afternoon. Started out as asthma stuff on the 30th. Bottom line, though is COPD with asthma as a trigger. I would encourage everyone one of you to cut up your smokes today -- not cut back 50% in 30 days. I have had the dog shyt thoroughly scared out of me, and it'll make me feel real good if I can scare it out of you, too!

Healing hhhhmmmmmsssssss for you Kathie. I hope you are feeling better.

Hook I am so impressed with you. I hope you are excited about getting down to 0 and that helps you to stay at 0. I hope you are eating healthily and hopefully at least 3 times a day now.

Good job to all of you and as long as you keep trying you will succeed.

Hook are you still doing the e cig? I bought one at a convenience store a few months back, seems like it was only 6 or 7 bucks. Didn't do it for me, maybe you get what you pay for? Had a scare a few years ago, chest pains running down my left arm and such. Wasn't a heart attack, but I cut back from a pack and a half to half a pack a day. Increased to 15 cigs a day, but ya'll are getting me to thinking about it again.

Kinda doing the ecig but not much. Still havent had one in 4 days.
The ecig worked well. I got one thats rechargeable and you can change the cartridges on it.
When the battery runs low, you dont get the hit of nicotene your expecting. And ill say that the disposable one my son got me only lasted 3 hrs but was supposed to last roughly two days. The rechargeable one is supposed to last 2 days on the battery but again i only got 3 hrs. But the more i recharged it the longer it lasted. Now it lasts 2 days but im not hitting on it much.
So try one of the rechargeable ones.

Kathie, i hope your doing better now.
Suzie im eating like a pig now. Downed 4 lbs of pistachios and 2 bags of Pretzels just yesterday. In addition to dinner. I dont see eating 3 meals a day as a rule for me but ill work on it

hooknline":3flh2drp said:
Kathie, i hope your doing better now.
Suzie im eating like a pig now. Downed 4 lbs of pistachios and 2 bags of Pretzels just yesterday. In addition to dinner. I dont see eating 3 meals a day as a rule for me but ill work on it
Doing better, Hook, but slow. Totally amazing to me how fast all this blew up and how bad ugly it was immediately. I should have been more receptive to nagging many years ago, but until the big smack on the head . . . . slow learner.

Well at least it didnt get ya.
I did find out my sense of smell is returning. For all these years i thought my pharts dont stink. Now i know they do

hooknline":6x4h1xyg said:
Well at least it didnt get ya.
I did find out my sense of smell is returning. For all these years i thought my pharts dont stink. Now i know they do
Sounds like progress! :) Hope you're doing OK, too, CP. Haven't been able to directly empathize with you this week.

Im sorry you misplaced the letter "i" where it shoulda been an "a" in the word fitter
Taste is all relative as attested to with some of my posts.

hooknline":3a3j0pax said:
Im sorry you misplaced the letter "i" where it shoulda been an "a" in the word fitter

Well hook after 45 years I haven't had a dip in a week.

Caustic Burno":1ce11vik said:
hooknline":1ce11vik said:

Well hook after 45 years I haven't had a dip in a week.
Wow! Congratulations! :clap:
Good job everyone, keep up the good work!

How are all of you doing?? :?:

Everyone -- until the big shyt hit, I was 2/3 pack a day person, 40 yrs. When it finally hit, it was bad, bad, bad! I haven't smoked inside the house for 15 years. My brother just younger than me is also a long-time smoker, who does the "Yeah, yeah, need to quit; don't bother me" stuff, just as I did for years. I told him last week, that if I could make him as sick for 1 day as I was for a week, I'd wish that abomination on him, so he'd get the message. I thought I was going to die, and I'm not kidding! :frowns:

I love all my CT people -- you've been my friends and my mentors, whether I liked it or not. I want all of you to live to be very, very old and wise people! That is my Christmas and New Year's wish for you -- to conquer the vices that may kill you, take you away from your spouses, your children, your grandchildren, the people that need you and love you and depend on you! :nod:

Glad you're still with us Kathie. ;-)
As for myself, my wife handed me a beer two days ago when I came dragging a$$ into the house after another sixteen hour day with a mouthfull of chew. I drank it... It was REALLY good. She told me she was more concerned about chew and working myself to death and asked me to try working on moderation on all of the above... I agreed but only due to my weakened state of exhaustion and inebriation.
I took today off and scheduled a few more days ahead of time so that I'm taking at least four days a month off. I spent today horseback exploring and ignoring my "to do" list and the beer and chew have been quite moderate. :nod: I think it's time to start working my way out of the breeding service and be a full time farmer/rancher. :nod:

Latest posts