A deal is a deal

Help Support CattleToday:

I will be hoping you all can get this licked! I have quit many times, once for 20 years and went back...this last time I have made it almost 3 years. I still get the urge, aggravating that them things have had such a hook into me! Grand girl has breathing issues so when I get the urge I remind myself that if I do it will hurt her. Good luck and hang in there!!!! :clap: :clap:

hooknline":2zoc3g4b said:
Im gonna rip someones head off!
Did i mention my daughtees boyfriend and his mom are coming over for dinner tonight but they cant tell us when? Arghhhhh!!!
How ua doing cp?
Hook....am I missing something.....if they are comming to YOUR house for dinner wouldn't it be YOUR job to say when dinner is served.....being there or missing it is up to the boyfriend and Mom... :nod:

Yep. Daughter wouldnt call them just text him. We ended saying 6 and they said ok.
Thats what happens when i let others handle it.

cow pollinater":xj2w4sqf said:
My problem has always been that I've always had two or three things to juggle that all qualify as a full time job and I've always felt that a guy who worked hard should be able to have a beer at the end of the day... so the harder I work, the more I think I deserve to drink and it's turned into to much. I can't remember the last time I was drunk(and not because I was drunk :lol: ) but I can sure put them away. I think I just finally figured out that at some point in time I would have to stop for good and the only differance between now and later was a matter of how much I'd damaged myself.

Very erie, as if you took the words from my mind, and wrote them out for the world to see. Same situation here CP, plus the snuff habit. Never smoked, which is odd, because everytime John Wayne starts patting his pockets for a cigarette and bums a light, I crave one real bad.
What time does the wagon come through Arkansas? I may hop on

Cow Pollinator how is your weight?

If you change to a glass of water instead of a beer. You might find you start losing weight. I think you should add weighing yourself once a week into your schedule as well.

Nothing should blow our minds Hook. Everyone has the capability of stopping, even cold turkey!

Edited: BTW I hope you do this thing, it will be a huge accomplishment.

hooknline":1r7k8ekq said:
Fixin to blow your minds with tonights report

Since you've already said your daughters boyfriend and Mother are over for supper tonight :shock: , I'm really praying it's good news on the smoking :D and nothing serious :lol:

Not quite cold turkey.
Dinner last night went well, and i even drove with my daughter for the fisrt time on her learners permit. And still only have smoked 5 mainly because i keep killing the battery on the e cig

hooknline":yvc81c3z said:
Well lets just say that as of now ive only had 5 real smokes

Congradulations!!

We're even though. I've only had 5 real beers :lol: . No Sheet, GOOD job!! I'm starting just as soon as I finish this 30 pack :cowboy:

hooknline":2kc1doi1 said:
Bit ive killed a 12 so far. Its a give and take thing

It's a give and take deal it seems. I started snuff because it gave me that temporary warm fuzzy, and thought it would allow me to substitute it for the beer, and then stop the snuff :shock: . Nope. Now I do both. I've learned I can't substitute one habit for another. I just ended up with 2 habits. Now pushing 42 years and getting pretty disgusted with myself. I ain't a bad person (in fact, I'm a really good man; with a problem), but I've been struggling with this for awhile. Seems I'm always to busy with doing things that husbands and fathers do, to pay the bills, that I don't consider taking care of myself

Hook, :clap: :clap: :clap: I'd say "I'll drink to that :drink: " but, you know :hide: ... How about if I have acigar in your honor. :D

Suzie Q":324ltvzu said:
Cow Pollinator how is your weight?
I'm 5' 9" 180lbs with a thirty three inch waist. I'm starting to remember that one of the big reasons I started drinking is that it balances my blood-sugar when I'm about to crash as I usually only eat twice a day. If I remember to eat then I don't drink as much.

Ouachita,
Hop on board. You're singing my song with the chewing... I quite chewing for about eight years and started again so I'd drink less. :bang: Yeah... that worked well.

Cp. im right there with ya. Kinda. 5'10 and 185. Usually only eat once a day not counting liquid bread. But one thing at a time.
Have a cigar, ill have a beer

Ouachita":3g1c86u6 said:
I'm starting just as soon as I finish this 30 pack :cowboy:
I've made that mistake quite a few times as well. Finally I figured out that with as many 30 packs as I've bought over the years, wasting one wasn't going to hurt me at all... Right now I have ten cold ones sitting in the fridge and a thirty pack in the laundry room... Don't need it, don't want it. I'll leave the cold ones for the occasional freind that stops by and give the thirty away.

There ya go cp. ive got 6 packs of smokes in the truck and i have a feeling i wont even get to 3 or 4 of em. Ill just toss em.
You might consider just getting rid of the beer you got.

Latest posts