A couple of the Galloway boys

Help Support CattleToday:

diana55":6uo7sw0q said:
Galloway2, was your bull on display in yards area at NWSS 2012, in front row (close to auction arena) ?

Yes, our herd sire was on display there last year. He is the sire of both these calves.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3oxrfcnj said:
Really like them. You have some clipping and grooming ahead of you!!
I'll be flying in on the 21st - do you leave right after showing?

We show the 21st, right after the Simmys in the Yards. We leave the a.m. of the 22nd.

Stop in and say hi.

Man, those are some wide looking calves! I'd hate to try to knock one of those over, and two side by side, forget about it! Great looking cattle.

Galloway2":2yw35q5z said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":2yw35q5z said:
Really like them. You have some clipping and grooming ahead of you!!
I'll be flying in on the 21st - do you leave right after showing?

We show the 21st, right after the Simmys in the Yards. We leave the a.m. of the 22nd.

Stop in and say hi.
What is your farm name?

Pics taken today of one of the boys.

motomotodec292012.jpg

HBmotomotofrontdec292012.jpg

chippie":1akl0m8u said:
I like how they naturally stand square. You do raise quality stock.

Thanks, appreciate the comments.

The 3342 bull HB MOTO MOTO wieghed 950 lbs today. He is a March 2nd 2012 calf. We got him clipped today. I will post pics soon.

From the front they look pretty good,would like to see some side pics though.
Its hard to find good quality "exotic" breeds in this area. What few of the galloway & crosses we have in this area are pretty small, beside being few and far between.

Nite Hawk":1q8lqllk said:
From the front they look pretty good,would like to see some side pics though.
Its hard to find good quality "exotic" breeds in this area. What few of the galloway & crosses we have in this area are pretty small, beside being few and far between.

Nite Hawk- Here are some pics of the on bull- HB Moto Moto. We clipped him, but he is not fitted or any adhesive.

HB_Moto_Moto_side-2-small.jpg

HB_Moto_Moto-front-small.jpg

hbmotomotorearviewdec312012_small.jpg

3waycross":160t9adh said:
Adhesive? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I know I know. :cboy:

I will just say that we could make him look a whole lot "bigger" with some fitting. The hair is just combed, not being forced to point a certain direction.

We saw your sire at Denver 2012 and he is very impressive.Congratulations on your success with him. I have only seen Galloways from one ranch in Australia that are similar in type to your cattle (frame size, width, bone, phenotypically correct).The others we see are small and not as correct structurally.
Good luck with the baby bulls at Denver.

diana55":qs9l1idj said:
We saw your sire at Denver 2012 and he is very impressive.Congratulations on your success with him. I have only seen Galloways from one ranch in Australia that are similar in type to your cattle (frame size, width, bone, phenotypically correct).The others we see are small and not as correct structurally.
Good luck with the baby bulls at Denver.

Was the ranch in Australia Amberely Park? They just imported some semen offf our herd sire.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments.

Glacier ridge- His sire is 2,600 lbs at his heaviest, frame 5.5.

This calf won't be as tall, but should have more muscle and width.

...just a little bit of width...
his backside looks like a broadside of a barn.

I do like beef that look "beefy" though. :)

Hope everyone going to Denver does well!!

I hope I get to see many pics after the show, I wish I could've gone this year.

Latest posts