9 year old bull

Help Support CattleToday:

The breed of a bull and how he was developed can make a world of difference on longevity. Fast development, such as creep or test station situations will generally shorten the useful liflifet
This bull is all grass all the way. Gets moved often. Going to assume his teeth are good and that he's been rotated on tall grass majority of his life. Won't know for sure til I can see him in person though.

If it makes you feel any better, I sold a 6-year-old bull that had an okay, not a great BSE. I was planning on hauling him to the sale barn, but a friend contacted me and needed a bull for just a handful of cows. Talked to my vet, who assured me the bull would cover the cows no problem. Sold him at current cull price with the understanding the buyer would essentially turn 'n burn; use him a couple months to cover his cows, then load him up. That was 2 years ago, and I'll be damned if he still has the bull. Not sure if the bull is still actually working or just yard art, but last time I asked, the buyer said he couldn't bear to sell him. Okay, then!

If it makes you feel any better, I sold a 6-year-old bull that had an okay, not a great BSE. I was planning on hauling him to the sale barn, but a friend contacted me and needed a bull for just a handful of cows. Talked to my vet, who assured me the bull would cover the cows no problem. Sold him at current cull price with the understanding the buyer would essentially turn 'n burn; use him a couple months to cover his cows, then load him up. That was 2 years ago, and I'll be damned if he still has the bull. Not sure if the bull is still actually working or just yard art, but last time I asked, the buyer said he couldn't bear to sell him. Okay, then!
Good stuff right there. Thanks for sharing.

Co owned a black angus bull with my cousin. A 2975 son if you remember his sire . He was 7 when I quit using him but my cousin kept him at least 5 years more . Around 10 I kept telling him he needed to sell him before he lost him . Lost him and my half of the money . I have 20-30 daughters out of him so he more than paid for my half plus all the bull calves we sold .

Latest posts