#9 & 10

Help Support CattleToday:

Number 11 (the black one) was born yesterday. This morning before daylight I said I needed one today and I would have 12 in January. That would make 20% before we got to February. Went out to feed and cow #40 had a brand new one waiting for me. When I say calf number 11 that is just the order they are born. Calves get the same ear tag number as their mother. Cows got a number based on the order in which they were purchased.

P1313169.JPGP1313168.JPG

That picture of the first born is MORE THAN SCENIC. Beautiful!!! Such a different environment. Love to see the differences of what we all have to deal with raising cattle. You sure live in cow country!

I had the 39th calf born this afternoon. And it is from cow #39. Is this a just a random occurrence or some sort of omen? 39 out of 65 I am 60% done but they have really sped up here lately. I would like to be done by the end of the month. But 26 calves in the next 15 days is probably too much to wish for.

What mountains are those?
That is Little Lookout. Big Lookout would be just to the right of that picture. I don't know if they are considered a portion of a mountain range. Too far south to be part of the Wallowa Mountains. Too far east to be considered part of the Blues. This picture is Big Lookout. Big Lookout is about 7,150 feet. Little Lookout is around 6,300 feet. From the top of Big Lookout you look nearly straight down at the Snake River and across the river at Idaho.
P2092352.JPG

Latest posts