800 replacements-Brahma influenced

Help Support CattleToday:

Were, I sold them in the drought. Never have been emotional over selling cows but that one hurt, it was the right money decision.
Had four like that.
I had already sold down and advertised them and they sold quickly to a guy. I will get more next spring good Lord willing.
In my imagination, I'd never expect that cross to be that good..but just goes to show..

In my imagination, I'd never expect that cross to be that good..but just goes to show..
I know. Kinda like I have a friend that buys OTT TB and Standardbred mares for $300-$500, Breeds them to a $150 mammoth jack he bought, and raises $5000 mules out of them. I imagine it would be be hard for a beef cattle producer to keep a herd of Jeresy cows to raise these with, because you'd have no way to milk them. But someone like @MurraysMutts who has some Jeresy cows for nurse cows, could probably AI them with sexed Brahma semen and get a good price for the heifer calves. Or raise themselves some nice replacements.

Were, I sold them in the drought. Never have been emotional over selling cows but that one hurt, it was the right money decision.
Had four like that.
I had already sold down and advertised them and they sold quickly to a guy. I will get more next spring good Lord willing.
You breed some of your Brimmer cows to a Jeresy bull, or did you buy them?

Latest posts