70 HP Tractor Disk Size

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75 said:
i just bought a 14' to pull with my 65hp. I have a 8' and its like nothing is back there.. it seems way too small.

One of two things . . . . . You either have a Blown Alcohol Tracor, or you're top dressing a concrete parking lot. 😂

jehosofat said:
ddd75 said:
i just bought a 14' to pull with my 65hp. I have a 8' and its like nothing is back there.. it seems way too small.

One of two things . . . . . You either have a Blown Alcohol Tracor, or you're top dressing a concrete parking lot. 😂
It will be blown after it gets the guts slung out trying to pull it for a day.

M-5 said:
jehosofat said:
ddd75 said:

Our 5400 can relate to that.

M-5 said:
jehosofat said:
ddd75 said:

maybe.. i'm not plowing it or anything.. just discing up what i doze. shouldn't be pulling much dirt but if its too much i guess i'll sell it. i didn't want one that big but got a great deal on it

I have an Oliver 1755 , 85 hp , at 9500 lbs, rear wheel drive, pulls a 14 ft disc easily. Built in 1975, $11500 new.

I'd opt for a drag rather than 3 pt and go with a 10' heavy disc run fast enough to sling dirt. That way you can set your height with your hydraulics (much easier and better controlled) and adjust the depth to suit the occasion. I always liked to load up my discs with weights as rolling discs work in heavy clay whether you are plowing or smoothing. Currently I run a Hay King (brand) Pasture Renovator over the field to open up the soil and then come back with the above, followed by a chain type spike toothed harrow, dragging behind the disc ( usually)....done deal.

Another big variable is the transmission. A hydro turns some of that power into heat before it ever hits the wheels. A gear type is more efficient

Latest posts