7 Way and Pink Eye Vaccine?

Help Support CattleToday:

BlackBaldyMan

Reaction score
Folks are thinking about trying this stuff out to try and combat our pink eye problem this year, anyone have any experience with these vaccines? Do they help? Here is an example of one of the vaccines, thanks.

I have been using Intervet 20/20 Vision 7 for over a year. I think it has helped with pinkeye. A friend has been using it several years & recommended it.

Baldyman we had a bout with pink eye a couple year's ago since then have vacc for pinkeye have not had any trouble with it.we use alpha7 then hit them with pillguard pinkeye Triview.

rattler

We don't vaccinate for pinkeye currently. Have tried it and seen others try it, doesn't seem to make a significant difference. I'd rather spend that money on fly control.

We do use the Alpha 7 blackleg, went thru a bottle today. But be prepared for some whelps.

cfpinz

rattler":2g3zgw3y said:
Baldyman we had a bout with pink eye a couple year's ago since then have vacc for pinkeye have not had any trouble with it.we use alpha7 then hit them with pillguard pinkeye Triview. rattler

We used alpa7 only last year and it was not effective. Spoke with a vet who does a lot of cattle work - - he recommended the phillguard triview.

We usually pick a humid summer day and do fly tags, implants, and pinkeye boosters. Why go to the lake when you can have more fun in the corral!

cfpinz you are right about the welps.Do you use the one shot verison or do you boost your's?Steve we are gonna try to rotate about every couple year's same way with fly tag's

cfpinz":1yzk5l3o said:
We do use the Alpha 7 blackleg, went thru a bottle today. But be prepared for some whelps.

cfpinz

What does giving shots have to do with a canine having pups?

dun

I used Piliguard and really wasn't impressed with the results. Also don't like the knots they leave on the injection site.

rattler":per9nziz said:
cfpinz you are right about the welps.Do you use the one shot verison or do you boost your's?Steve we are gonna try to rotate about every couple year's same way with fly tag's

Alpha 7 is labeled for one shot, that's the reason we use it. The fewer trips thru the chute the happier the calves (and myself) are.

As far as pinkeye shots, we've tried both, neither seem to make a significant dent, so we don't use any now. Cheaper and more cost effective to treat isolated cases than use preventative shots.

cfpinz

dun":2p6deoit said:
cfpinz":2p6deoit said:

cfpinz

dun

The co-op was running a special, free beagle with every bottle.

cfpinz

cfpinz":1viyprzc said:
dun":1viyprzc said:
cfpinz":1viyprzc said:

cfpinz

dun

The co-op was running a special, free beagle with every bottle.

cfpinz

That is like something I would say. But my daughters boyfriend (future son in law ) says I have a warped sense of humor!!!!

Latest posts