650 new holland chin roller

Help Support CattleToday:

Kristie

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this but I have a 650 New Holland chain driven round bailer. It is an older model. Every time I go to bale the back gate keeps coming open. It is hydrolic. I need help in how to fix this. So I can get my hay rolled. Thanks very much.

I have this baler. When you lower the tail gate down, hold your hydraulic lever in the tractor in the down position so that there is positive pressure on the catch lever at the back of the baler. In other words, don't push your control lever all the way down so that the valve is just allowing the weight of the tailgate to seep down, but is actually using cylinder pressure to close the latch.

A 650 is a belt baler, do you mean 850?
850's had cylinders bypass inside and valve problems.

Baydog":u8iz7jvv said:
I have this baler. When you lower the tail gate down, hold your hydraulic lever in the tractor in the down position so that there is positive pressure on the catch lever at the back of the baler. In other words, don't push your control lever all the way down so that the valve is just allowing the weight of the tailgate to seep down, but is actually using cylinder pressure to close the latch.

Baydog is right there could be another problem as well, did it ever get closed down on a bale while operating.
What I am asking did a bale roll back under the gate after being kicked out and the gate came down on it.
This can fubar the hydraulic clyinders not pulling the gate all the way down to latch.
Don't ask how I know this.

Latest posts