530 John Deere Baler

Help Support CattleToday:

Hondac

Reaction score
I'm having a bit of a problem with my JD 530 round baler. Basically, when the baler goes thru the
tying cycle and cuts the twine, the twine is too close the the edge of the bale. Then , when we
move the bale out of the field, the twine wants to fall off the end of the roll. I see no way to adjust this other than cutting the end of the feed tube off. Any ideas?

How far from the edge is it placing the string? I'd be afraid cutting the tube wouldn't allow the string to be placed properly to be cut.

My observations when string won't stay on the edge, the operator is making barrel shaped bales. Not enough hay going into the edges to make a firm edge. The closer to the edge the string the more important it is that edge is full.

Thanks, I'll check the guides (didn't know about that). Not rolling barrel shaped rolls, so I don't think that is the problem.

Hondac":3svjrkw0 said:
Not rolling barrel shaped rolls, so I don't think that is the problem.

The guides are designed to keep the twine from getting too close to the edge of the bale as it is tied. Very easy to overlook one broken, bent, or missing.

Cabo.... you were right!!!! Somehow the guide has been bent upward to the point that the twine does not touch it at all. Can I heat the guide and pull it back down, or do you suggest I order a new one?

Hondac":2uvwnbv5 said:
Cabo.... you were right!!!! Somehow the guide has been bent upward to the point that the twine does not touch it at all. Can I heat the guide and pull it back down, or do you suggest I order a new one?

I would heat it and bend it back to original shape. Are both bent?

Cabo":1slkdolp said:
Hondac":1slkdolp said:

I would heat it and bend it back to original shape. Are both bent?

Yes, but the left side is much worse. Almost rubbing the belt on that side.

Hondac":1i32vfio said:
Yes, but the left side is much worse. Almost rubbing the belt on that side.

Unless you know how they are supposed to look, it might be better to buy new ones, I don't think they are terribly expensive.

Latest posts