John Deere 5E vs 5M

Help Support CattleToday:

lucky7chief

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between 5E and 5M. I will mostly be using for hay mowing, baling and moving. Is the 5M really worth the extra $15-20k?

I bought a 5075e new in 2018 and have a little over 700 hours on it so far. That's not a lot but I haven't had one single issue with it and I probably have done some stuff with it that maybe I shouldn't have.

I'm trying to decide between 5E and 5M. I will mostly be using for hay mowing, baling and moving. Is the 5M really worth the extra $15-20k?
I recommend you go to JD website and compare the two and you decide. Is there a difference, yes sir but is the difference worth the price point to you? We can all give an opinion, but it is just that. It is better you go through it line by line as they allow you to on JD's website and you can see the side-by-side comparison of each specification. If you don't understand the feature as a rep. what it does. There are several creature/operator comforts the M series has over the E series as well as some mechanical upgrades/options. JMHO. I'm not trying to push you one way or the other just think it best to make the most informed decision. Link to site comparison: JD Comparison of 5100E/5105M

When I was looking a couple years ago I decided to jump to a 6 series vs going to a M in the 5. You get a lot more tractor which also means pumps, tires, weight, etc.

If I was in the tractor more all the push button shifting would be nice. I have used other that had it and it is handy as a shirt pocket. They also had a lit more controls that never get used. It just wasn't necessary for what we were doing.

I'm one of those middle people though. It's the same when I buy a truck. I want leather, lots of seat adjustments, and maybe a few othe comforts. I don't all the mood lighting, dual climate control, sunroof, etc that come with the package.

Dealer is trying to tell me 5E is junk but I think he's just trying to upsell. The extra bells and whistles would be nice but I don't think it's worth $15-$20k more. I only put on 300 hours per year. The only differences I see looking at specs are a little better hydraulic flow, more transmission options and fancier cab.

Latest posts