4x4 flat bed truck

Help Support CattleToday:

im a chevy man too,, work at a chevrolet dealership ...so when it comes to which diesel id use the choice is simple ........................... ................. cummins :cowboy:

Dodge has "had" a good engine, but the rest of the truck is junk : or at least the one I owned was.

tripleBfarms":1d2s8v9s said:
I think a lot of it has to do with the engine. I have a 03 Chevrolet ext. cab, 4x4 dually, with a gas engine, and it will go fine in the mud and snow, even with maypops. Before this truck, I had a F 250 with a 7.3 and I was stuck all the time. The diesel engines are so heavy they sink the front end. Seems that way to me anyhow.

There's a whole lot of truth to that. But then again, it "depends". There are times when that diesel weight means extra traction. Could be great on black ice ramps. On the limestone hills around here, you aint gonna sink but so far anyway.

To heck with you "Dodge" "Chevy" and "Ford" people. I've gone full circle now. They've all gone down the tubes.

Ford made a bad mistake by selling me that 6.0 in that 1 ton 4WD. There was nothing wrong with it until the warranty lapsed. Then they found everything wrong. I'm small potatoes but the folks I work for aint. They buy a lot of trucks. Heck, even that '95 Chevy with the converted gas diesel went 220K before it had problems.

backhoeboogie":2salll4r said:
tripleBfarms":2salll4r said:
I think a lot of it has to do with the engine. I have a 03 Chevrolet ext. cab, 4x4 dually, with a gas engine, and it will go fine in the mud and snow, even with maypops. Before this truck, I had a F 250 with a 7.3 and I was stuck all the time. The diesel engines are so heavy they sink the front end. Seems that way to me anyhow.

There's a whole lot of truth to that. But then again, it "depends". There are times when that diesel weight means extra traction. Could be great on black ice ramps. On the limestone hills around here, you aint gonna sink but so far anyway.

To heck with you "Dodge" "Chevy" and "Ford" people. I've gone full circle now. They've all gone down the tubes.

Ford made a bad mistake by selling me that 6.0 in that 1 ton 4WD. There was nothing wrong with it until the warranty lapsed. Then they found everything wrong. I'm small potatoes but the folks I work for aint. They buy a lot of trucks. Heck, even that '95 Chevy with the converted gas diesel went 220K before it had problems.
although a chunk of pig iron the chevy 6.5 werent no converted gas it was a diesel

Latest posts