4245 Massey open station 495 allied loader

Help Support CattleToday:

Till-Hill

Reaction score
'99 model, 2 scv, joystick, fluid back tires but wheels are rusting. 371 original hours. Barn find.

Will it lift my 1500# bales decent enough and what's it worth. Need to get with guy by Monday.

What's the bad on it?

I was told guy could get $18,000 US for it. He got it cheap so family didn't have to deal with it. I was thinking $12,500 I could own it.

Does it have the square nose hood or the slope nose? Disappointed with the gear shift lever assembly in my 4255, which they fixed in the 4300 series. Only issue I have had is a Perkins head/block that contracts too much below 0F and allows coolant to leak. Did a complete head gasket and helped to slow it down. Last solution to the issue is to let it sit outside mechanics shop overnight on a cold -30F night and torque down the head bolts to spec then. Had planned to do it this past winter but never found the time.

I like the tractor. And they were very popular in England/Australia/Canada. They were the last model series made in Harry Ferguson's Coventry plant before it was demolished in 2002. Their rear end is the same as the MF 165, so bullet proof in that aspect. You can search opinions on the mf 4200 series on Google and find a lot more info through British farming forums. Mine is easy on fuel, probably around 3 gallons per hour.

At $12,500 I would consider it for sure. The loader is worth 1/2 that. And probably a better loader than the Soo Tractor Works loaders that were made for Massey.

Aaron said:
At $12,500 I would consider it for sure. The loader is worth 1/2 that. And probably a better loader than the Soo Tractor Works loaders that were made for Massey.

Thanks, will it lift my bales enuf to feed cows just in a pinch? Wont be the main tractor just mine at my house

Aaron said:
Your good to go then.
Thank you sir, know nothing about them but I want a unit at my house. Dont need one. Good deal is a good deal . Now to explain to the wife why we dont get a new swing set or go on vacation will be fun!

$15k make sure PTO works as never been used cover still on it and make sure lifts bales tomorrow. Call banker Monday I guess!

Latest posts