3pt hitch sprayer suggestions?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a sprayer to do some hillsides and tight area spraying so pull behind may not be the best option here. I know we want a boomless but want to make sure we dont get a dud on the pump etc. Any suggestions? -Advice and things to watch out for would be very appreciated...

I have one of their older versions of this: https://www.agspray.com/cart.php#!l=A&i=5276646-BLU

The bad thing about boomless is the wind, doesn't take much to mess you up.

How many gallon sprayer are you thinking about? 3 point sprayers on hillsides are not your friend unless you be mighty careful about sizing it right to match your tractor. 300 gallon sprayer is going to weigh close to 2800 lbs full.

bird dog said:
How many gallon sprayer are you thinking about? 3 point sprayers on hillsides are not your friend unless you be mighty careful about sizing it right to match your tractor. 300 gallon sprayer is going to weigh close to 2800 lbs full.
Amen. It's a decent size tractor but we still don't want to go over 200 gal just to be safe. Sorry I should have stated that up front.

I have a 3pt sprayer, and a pull behind. Simplest things to build that there ever was. Get a carryall, a tank, a pump, and a nozzle. You should get out for well under $500.

I have a homemade 200 gallon boomless that works pretty well on a NH T4.75. I think the spray width is 35' or 40'. I use the cheap 8 roller hypro pump but I only use 24d.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200578563_200578563

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200578552_200578552

Sorry to barge in on this thread, but I'm also in the market and was wanting something for 16 acres that I only have to fill once and not have lots of waste. Any size recommendations?

You need 12 to 20 gallons of fluid per acre. More is better so 200 gallon minimum. I use a trailer mounted 320 gallon low profile tank. I put out about 15 gallons of fluid per acre so it gets me around 22 acres.

Thanks! I just got off the phone with a Remcor (local to me) salesman and he was pushing me towards a 150 gallon. He says I could get about 7 1/2 acres with that when spraying for broad leaf.

sstterry said:
Brute 23 said:
I am not a fan of the 3pt sprayer unless it's a really small one. You can get every where you need with a trailer sprayer.

You must have never been to East Tennessee. We have some hills you cannot get a trailer up and down.

If you cant get a trailer up and down your damn sure not going to get a tractor up and down with that weight hanging off your 3pt.

Brute 23 said:
sstterry said:
Brute 23 said:
I am not a fan of the 3pt sprayer unless it's a really small one. You can get every where you need with a trailer sprayer.

You must have never been to East Tennessee. We have some hills you cannot get a trailer up and down.

If you cant get a trailer up and down your be nice sure not going to get a tractor up and down with that weight hanging off your 3pt.

And that is what mist blower sprayers are for.

sstterry said:
Brute 23 said:
sstterry said:

If you cant get a trailer up and down your be nice sure not going to get a tractor up and down with that weight hanging off your 3pt.

You still have to carry water and herbicide in a tank, correct? What benefit on a hill does a 300g mist sprayer have over a 300g trailer or a 300g 3pt sprayer?

Brute 23 said:
sstterry said:
Brute 23 said:

You still have to carry water and herbicide in a tank, correct? What benefit on a hill does a 300g mist sprayer have over a 300g trailer or a 300g 3pt sprayer?

The mist blower can apply the chemical in 100' swaths. And a 3pt blower will not carry 300g. more like 50g-100g.

Latest posts