3 breakdowns in 12 hours

Help Support CattleToday:

The Bachelor":iki8yzdg said:
dun":iki8yzdg said:
Nope, not green. But a neighbors blue tractor just caught fire and burned to a metal hulk this afternoon. New tractor, fire started in the starter.

dun

I here what your saying about blue. Thats my baler and.... wait, its an old 532 and 35 years old. Hmmm, the tractor is green and its 57 years old...... and my mower is red... its around 70 years old....

You just can't get good name brand stuff.... Wheres the Farmtrac dealer....

Our local Farmtrac dealer had a fire a couple of years ago and just never did get back to the same way he had been before the fire, place burned to the ground. He's closed up the tractor business and is now selling trike kits for motorcycles.
My Farmtrac was a good tractor bit had little piddling problems. Seemed like every eyar I had to fix something. Got it new and it was like that from the start. Bought a used JD and other then filters and fluids it's run to perfection. I've got twice the hours on it as I had on the other one and this thing has been flawless.

hurleyjd,
Not all dealers are created equal. Some dealers do not stock parts or cater to hay customers needs. We stock $150,000 of Vermeer parts alone. I know we have the parts in stock you mentioned but Vermeer could still put them on your door step the next day if needed even if the dealer did not have them in stock. Every color MFG has these type problems when a dealer pushed a complex implement out the door without going over it.

ironpeddler":3r6mkxpe said:
hurleyjd,
Not all dealers are created equal. Some dealers do not stock parts or cater to hay customers needs. We stock $150,000 of Vermeer parts alone. I know we have the parts in stock you mentioned but Vermeer could still put them on your door step the next day if needed even if the dealer did not have them in stock. Every color MFG has these type problems when a dealer pushed a complex implement out the door without going over it.

Yeah iron peddler. I needed the two sprockets that go on the cross shaft. Price pretty decent. $47 for the two. Next day delivery $40. I guess you dealers in Kentucky are better dealers than any in my area. They stock very few parts. All of them expect you to wait.

Latest posts