2022 Hay Update

Help Support CattleToday:

A rake/baler combo is a time and fuel saver if it works in your climate. UP here we have to rake and wait 4-5 hours at a minimum before baling.
Up until a few days ago, the wind we have been getting lately would have "tedded" it before you got it baled.

Baling hay just isn't as much fun as it used to be.

My replacement. Some employee coated the pto connection with too much paint so we were unable to get it going. But, we'll have it going this afternoon.. I'll be back to shredding this afternoon.. 1655891677955.png

We are burning 500 bucks in diesel a day when we have 3 tractors running... Wednesday, we're getting a rake delivered that pulls in front of the baler.. I'll be out of a raking job, but, i'll get hooked to a shredder.. we do have some shredding to do also... excited about the rake though. Makes so much sense.

I've seen a lot of balers doing that in my area - rake and baler at the same time. I always wondered why more didn't do that from an efficiency and expense view.

I don't consider myself a hay producer but over the last few years I've been blessed with substantial rain to produce much more than I need. So I sold the extra. In the last 4 days, 3 people who bought some in the past asked me if I had any for sale. Nope. Thankfully I have what I need and my grass is still in decent shape but I sure could use some rain.

Neat set up. Never seen one like that. All the ones I have seen the rake was on a carriage in front of the tractor.

I'm buying all I can afford. 4x4 4x5 5x5 hell I'll buy small square bales if price is right. Right now I've got enough to feed my whole herd till next spring but I'm putting up way more than I need as emergency hay
Are you still looking to buy hay?