2018 third calf - Cowboy Cut

Help Support CattleToday:

kentuckyguy":9blf4ypi said:
Bright Raven":9blf4ypi said:
Till-Hill":9blf4ypi said:
Nice calf Ron, we have 13 fall calving cows that ran with Broadway's full brother. 5 calved yesterday, and could have guessed it's been pouring since midnight

Had my second Broadway last evening. Don't have good pictures yet. Here is what I got in a hurry:
Due: 9/5/2018
DOB: 8/31/2018
280 days Gestation
WEIGHT 88 pounds
qrlxrm.jpg

Good looking calf Ron. Really like the way that one is marked. Heifer or Bull?

I see that one is out of a fire sweep cow also.

Bull

kentuckyguy":3tid7upf said:
Bright Raven":3tid7upf said:
Till-Hill":3tid7upf said:
Nice calf Ron, we have 13 fall calving cows that ran with Broadway's full brother. 5 calved yesterday, and could have guessed it's been pouring since midnight

Had my second Broadway last evening. Don't have good pictures yet. Here is what I got in a hurry:
280 days Gestation
WEIGHT 88 pounds
qrlxrm.jpg

Good looking calf Ron. Really like the way that one is marked. Heifer or Bull?

I see that one is out of a fire sweep cow also.

I have 4 Fire Sweep Cows. As Vince can tell you, they leave a lot to be desired but I like to support their operation.

:lol:

sstterry":1dx62rig said:
Did you buy all your cows from Fire Sweep?

No. Most of my herd goes back to Rocking P. Half the cows I have now were born here. Four of my cows were purchased as bred heifers from Fire Sweep. They have done well here. I have bought heifers from Roy Canada and Double Diamond.

My future is going to depend on how well the ones I raised here perform. I used a lot of other people's breeding efforts to put together my herd. There is a wide range of genetics. I think the most remarkable trait in my group of cows - is docility. I can literally pick up a 2 hour old calf with momma right beside me. And none ever make a threat.

I think the most remarkable trait in my group of cows - is docility. I can literally pick up a 2 hour old calf with momma right beside me. And none ever make a threat.
I believe docility is a learned trait in your herd, and really in most herds. Our cows are kind of wild - skittish right now, they've been fending for themselves with little interacting with people. As soon as we start on hay and WCS corn mix they tame right down and you can touch at least half of them. We were talking about why the cows were laid up all around the house this morning when they had 150 acres of woods in that pasture? I told the wife it's because they wanted us to smell them.

Bright Raven":19to8flj said:
Till-Hill":19to8flj said:

280 days Gestation
WEIGHT 88 pounds
qrlxrm.jpg

Correction: reviewing my records. The Bull calf with the white blaze is sired by HPF OPTIMIZER not Broadway.

Latest posts