2018 SOON BE GONE

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":1halzmcc said:
Jogeephus":1halzmcc said:
True Grit Farms":1halzmcc said:
After reading this I have no interest in trying one of his blueberry tarts.

:lol2: No worries, I've made one especially for you. My own recipe. I call it "Bullet Behind the Ear". ;-)
One of my favorites I'm sure, a special blood sausage recipe with nuts in it.

Yeah, you'll just have to overlook the smell of bitter almond. Its nothing. Honestly. :lol: :lol:

greybeard":1egsdo9x said:
I say that every year Dave. It's rarely come true. Seems to roll in cycles tho...

I'm no old man, but I've come to realize that every years carries a lot of joy AND sadness. Some years just carry a little more of one or the other.

Bestoutwest":1gger41f said:
greybeard":1gger41f said:
I say that every year Dave. It's rarely come true. Seems to roll in cycles tho...

I'm no old man, but I've come to realize that every years carries a lot of joy AND sadness. Some years just carry a little more of one or the other.

This last year had a whole lot more joy than sadness. I have a lot to be thankful for. It is just that the deaths all happened during the holiday season putting a damper on things. Especially that 7 year old boy.

True Grit Farms":1rrzz6ye said:
After reading this I have no interest in trying one of his blueberry tarts.

Forget the tart, I'm not even sure I want to know him!

I've a very good friend who visits a lot of older and sick people in hospitals, nursing homes, or at their residence just to visit and have a word of prayer with them. As nature would have it they frequently pass away. And he is well known and well thought of and as a result he speaks at quite a few funerals. So it's become a running joke that if he asks to pray for you, run the other way. Fast. All good naturedly of course.

All jokes aside, death is tough to say the least. I lost my father in law and my granddaddy last year. I miss both dearly. Every day. But what do you do? Death is a necessary part of life. I just remember the good and try not to think about the rest. Life goes on. Even if it's different. I can't imagine losing a child. Not sure I could cope with that. I hope the Good Lord never sees fit to test me in that area. Sorry for the losses each of you have dealt with. Happy New Year for 2019 to all my CT "family".

Latest posts