2018 SOON BE GONE

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
2018 is slipping out the door, did I get ever thing done that was planned No way. Think I will just not plan as much for 2019 which is peeping through the window.

i got pretty much everything done I wanted. I have a few smaller projects that I didn't have the energy for.. but they'll get done.

I have high hopes for 2019 because this year has been a tough one. Last week I was thinking how I'd be happy for this year to end because I have lost six friends this year and was going to funerals so frequently I wasn't even hanging up my suit. Just as I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel death came to visit again today and within 10 hours I lost two more very special people in my life. I do so look forward to a new year.

Jogeephus":2qiux5hr said:
I have high hopes for 2019 because this year has been a tough one. Last week I was thinking how I'd be happy for this year to end because I have lost six friends this year and was going to funerals so frequently I wasn't even hanging up my suit. Just as I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel death came to visit again today and within 10 hours I lost two more very special people in my life. I do so look forward to a new year.

My family has also had a pretty rough go of it the past two years, the law of averages says things should start looking up in 2019. So here is to new beginnings!

Hated to "like " your post Jogeephus, but that is about where we are. Not quite so many, but 2 of the deaths hit us hard as one was a horrible farm accident @ 33 and the other was a friends lost battle with cancer @ 38. Add to that this the soo abysmally wet weather... keep trying to believe that 2019 will be a better year.
Of course, it is RAINING again.... :cry2: :bang: :bang:

Here's to a better New Year to everyone here . :) :tiphat:

I just got back from another funeral. And my husband's had a rough year, health related. Just not a great year in a number of ways. So I've decided to go full-out Pollyanna; 2019 is going to be fabulous. Right???

2019 will definitely be a great year and I hope its great for all.

On what I think is a bright note we spent yesterday in the kitchen making stuff. One thing we made was a blueberry tart. 100% from scratch and I thought it would be a good thing to take the tart to my dear friend who was was bedridden and in the last stages of her glorious life. In her younger days she was a chef and had a deep appreciation for food and she was a wealth of knowledge and would gladly share with anyone. So I thought she might enjoy some home cooking rather than the bland hospital food. Anyhow, we carried the tart to her and my daughter asked if she would like to try it. She said she did and after eating it she said it was really nice and smiled and with that smile on her face she closed her eyes and passed away.

I don't do well around death and prefer not to remember people at the end of their lives but rather their peak but the beautiful smile she had on her face as she passed is definitely something I will cherish the rest of her life just as I will the memories of having the privilege of having such and exceptional person in my life. Few can say they have lived their lives knowing an angel as I have. And she was an angel who brought smiles to people for 92 years.

Peace be with you Jogee..... once again you've managed to touch someone's life in a special way.

We've had some bits of good news amongst the dark clouds that have been hanging around. Maybe 2019 won't be uphill all the way. ;-)

Jogeephus":1nln9z9u said:
2019 will definitely be a great year and I hope its great for all.

On what I think is a bright note we spent yesterday in the kitchen making stuff. One thing we made was a blueberry tart. 100% from scratch and I thought it would be a good thing to take the tart to my dear friend who was was bedridden and in the last stages of her glorious life. In her younger days she was a chef and had a deep appreciation for food and she was a wealth of knowledge and would gladly share with anyone. So I thought she might enjoy some home cooking rather than the bland hospital food. Anyhow, we carried the tart to her and my daughter asked if she would like to try it. She said she did and after eating it she said it was really nice and smiled and with that smile on her face she closed her eyes and passed away.

I don't do well around death and prefer not to remember people at the end of their lives but rather their peak but the beautiful smile she had on her face as she passed is definitely something I will cherish the rest of her life just as I will the memories of having the privilege of having such and exceptional person in my life. Few can say they have lived their lives knowing an angel as I have. And she was an angel who brought smiles to people for 92 years.
So wonderful you could send her out that way, Jo. I'm sure your bit of heaven on her tongue was blissful to her as she passed. My condolences on the loss of your friend.

True Grit Farms":29l6w18n said:
After reading this I have no interest in trying one of his blueberry tarts.

:lol2: No worries, I've made one especially for you. My own recipe. I call it "Bullet Behind the Ear". ;-)

farmerjan":2usdn4bj said:
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the wonderful people I have had the pleasure to interact with on CT :wave: :banana: :banana:

Same to you and for many more years to come. :banana:

Jogeephus":kgedjrei said:
True Grit Farms":kgedjrei said:
After reading this I have no interest in trying one of his blueberry tarts.

:lol2: No worries, I've made one especially for you. My own recipe. I call it "Bullet Behind the Ear". ;-)
One of my favorites I'm sure, a special blood sausage recipe with nuts in it.

Joe I do feel your pain. We lost 5 in the last two weeks. Only one was old age and expected. The rest were too young, including a 7 year old in a terrible accident.

2019 is going to be a better year.

Latest posts