2017 year in review, we are all offended lol

Help Support CattleToday:

Somewhere.....there's a snowflake that bears resentment (and possibly even pent up hostility) but is most certainly offended that no one is offended..

I must not come here enough to see all the whiny conservative Christians....most of the whining i have seen is mostly from the liberal side, you know, when they can't find their safe space, or their candidate loses, or when someone throws facts at them....but, like i said, i probably missed it....

heck, i was told that my roping horses, that also do parades, drag calves, take care of kiddos learning to ride, etc., can't hold a candle to a stable of horses in ny that folks ride around in circles on. I was also ridiculed for how dumb i must be; since i am from the south, and think it is smarter to kill groundhogs that are establishing a colony in a pasture, than to let the cows and horses break their legs in the tunnels they were busy building. Everyone was offended and dumbfounded that anyone would kill such a cute little animal. Yep, they couldn't argue their point from a factual basis, so they tried to attack my abilities to train horses; I don't know why, but that was their tactic. But, the good news is that now i know it is much more demanding of a horse to walk in a circle - usually with someone leading it - than it is for a horse to work a cow, ridiculous!! I kept laughing it off, and throwing more and more stuff a ranch type horse had to do, they kept saying how dumb i was. Once they realized they couldn't win with the horse argument, they said that if i was to ever set foot in a city i would surely be dead due to my lack of street smarts. They didn't have much to say, other than name calling (back to being a stupid southerner) when i informed them i had lived in San Antonio for three years. And, then they were really offended, when i told them i lived in the 4th largest city in the world for over a year, and somehow survived.

But, yeah, they kept calling me names, in increasing numbers, while becoming increasingly offended by my hurtful (I guess the facts hurt) arguments.

ropinranger":2vsf086s said:
I must not come here enough to see all the whiny conservative Christians....most of the whining i have seen is mostly from the liberal side, you know, when they can't find their safe space, or their candidate loses, or when someone throws facts at them....but, like i said, i probably missed it....

I am sorry if I offended you. :help:

Joking of course. I guess that might have been a little blunt. I still stand by it. You must not have been here when Obama was president. Because the whinning never stopped. HeII. It still hasn't stopped.

BTW: never voted for him but I try with all my power to be objective. I did not agree with the extent to which he was demonized. When one demonized just to be spiteful, I say foul!

Bright Raven":2onfqa3b said:
ropinranger":2onfqa3b said:

Joking of course. I guess that might have been a little blunt. I still stand by it. You must not have been here when Obama was president. Because the whinning never stopped. HeII. It still hasn't stopped.
he ain't stopped neither...poor feller ran outa time as president.. Now he's flying solo

Yes. Everyone whines and complains. However I think that we can all say that the liberal side has taken the word "racist" and "offensive" to a whole new level. Everything is offensive and racist. As a matter of fact (this was national news) In my town about 5 minutes from where I live, there was someone who was ordered by the housing community to take down his sign in his back yard because it had the word JESUS on it and someone was offended by it. Thankfully he did not take it down. But I can't help but wonder if someone had placed a sign that said Muhammed on it what the reaction would be. Sorry, but I don't think there would be any outcry and no one would probably say anything. But the liberals are offended by everything anymore.

ALACOWMAN":8gnuql7k said:
Bright Raven":8gnuql7k said:
ropinranger":8gnuql7k said:

he ain't stopped neither...poor feller ran outa time as president.. Now he's flying solo

My point is this: regardless of politics, religion, culture, or social status. An objective, unbiased person is as rare as hen's teeth. One side is just as bad as the other.

Bright Raven":12fmrjuv said:
ALACOWMAN":12fmrjuv said:
Bright Raven":12fmrjuv said:

My point is this: regardless of politics, religion, culture, or social status. An objective, unbiased person is as rare as hen's teeth. One side is just as bad as the other.
Conservatives may complain a lot. Heck, I complain a lot. But what the liberal media and liberals in general are doing is embarrassing. Looking for anything conservatives might say to find as racist. I have never seen anything quite like that.

MRRherefords":2ki4of6g said:
Yes. Everyone whines and complains. However I think that we can all say that the liberal side has taken the word "racist" and "offensive" to a whole new level. Everything is offensive and racist. As a matter of fact (this was national news) In my town about 5 minutes from where I live, there was someone who was ordered by the housing community to take down his sign in his back yard because it had the word JESUS on it and someone was offended by it. Thankfully he did not take it down. But I can't help but wonder if someone had placed a sign that said Muhammed on it what the reaction would be. Sorry, but I don't think there would be any outcry and no one would probably say anything. But the liberals are offended by everything anymore.

That is unfortunate. I am not a Christian but I firmly respect those who are but at the same time, I respect a person of Islam.

My point is that we have to come to peace that everyone is not our clone. It should be as inherent as the air we breath.

Bright Raven":3a9qbdn7 said:
MRRherefords":3a9qbdn7 said:

That is unfortunate. I am not a Christian but I firmly respect those who are but at the same time, I respect a person of Islam.

My point is that we have to come to peace that everyone is not our clone. It should be as inherent as the air we breath.
So if I want to think something is wrong, and you (royally speaking) want to think it is right, leave it at that, and don't be in my face with it.

HDRider":y0uzr5co said:
Bright Raven":y0uzr5co said:
MRRherefords":y0uzr5co said:

So if I want to think something is wrong, and you (royally speaking) want to think it is right, leave it at that, and don't be in my face with it.

A word that fits that concept is TOLERANCE.

Let's take the theory of evolution. I belief it is the mechanism by which the diversity of life on this planet came to be. Let's say you don't believe in the theory of evolution.

We can each express our differences on the concept without conducting an assault on each other's character.

HDRider":2ny7rn8f said:
Sound offended

Object is not offended. Simply a form of stating disagreement. I observe that some active users here seem to treat "I disagree" as an offense. It is not. It is a gracious means to express that a difference exists. It is not personal for you and I to disagree.

Bright Raven":1e6bxyiq said:
HDRider":1e6bxyiq said:
Bright Raven":1e6bxyiq said:

A word that fits that concept is TOLERANCE.

Let's take the theory of evolution. I belief it is the mechanism by which the diversity of life on this planet came to be. Let's say you don't believe in the theory of evolution.

We can each express our differences on the concept without conducting an assault on each other's character.
TOLERANCE? It will get you killed and that's the reason we're in the mess we are in this country.

Bright Raven":znjnsp0d said:
HDRider":znjnsp0d said:
Sound offended

Object is not offended. Simply a form of stating disagreement. I observe that some active users here seem to treat "I disagree" as an offense. It is not. It is a gracious means to express that a difference exists. It is not personal for you and I to disagree.
Now that you have caught up with me, we can carry on with more important things. I thought that vacation thread was very helpful and informative.

HDRider":3b5cnwji said:
Bright Raven":3b5cnwji said:
HDRider":3b5cnwji said:
Sound offended

Now that you have caught up with me, we can carry on with more important things. I thought that vacation thread was very helpful and informative.

It was excellent. Magnifico. But let's not get too carried away with agreement. I kinda like being disagreeable.

Latest posts