2017 year in review, we are all offended lol

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":3ub5wzpv said:
But let's not get too carried away with agreement. I kinda like being disagreeable.
If you were totally honest, you would say you take no small pleasure in being disagreeable, specifically if you feel you can get under someone/anyone's skin in the context of 'religion'.

greybeard":sfebwc86 said:
Bright Raven":sfebwc86 said:
But let's not get too carried away with agreement. I kinda like being disagreeable.
If you were totally honest, you would say you take no small pleasure in being disagreeable, specifically if you feel you can get under someone/anyone's skin in the context of 'religion'.

;-) :!: no one is stark naked honest. :stop:

TennesseeTuxedo":3mle0oo7 said:
kenny thomas":3mle0oo7 said:
Suck it up buttercup. Conservative side in charge now.

Don't gloat. We're just a hair away from a President Warren or Biden in 2020.

It is too far off, TT. Public sentiment can turn on a dime. The extremes are fixed. It is the precious middle that determines elections. IMO, makes little difference. Either way.

Bright Raven":2zcwt1nf said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2zcwt1nf said:
kenny thomas":2zcwt1nf said:
Suck it up buttercup. Conservative side in charge now.

Don't gloat. We're just a hair away from a President Warren or Biden in 2020.

It is too far off, TT. Public sentiment can turn on a dime. The extremes are fixed. It is the precious middle that determines elections. IMO, makes little difference. Either way.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12 ... -more.html
None of this would of happened if the election would of went the other way. And Gorsuch being appointed to the Supreme Court is a major victory for years to come. This last presidential election was the defining moment in the US of A for years to come. Just look at the price of ammo, it's half of what it was 2 years ago. Our new POTUS is so great and powerful he even fixed global warming in his first year. He does need to slow down before he starts another ice age though.

Bright Raven":2sz54zmp said:
greybeard":2sz54zmp said:
Bright Raven":2sz54zmp said:

some tho, come much closer to it than others.

greybeard":38mqkohq said:
Bright Raven":38mqkohq said:
greybeard":38mqkohq said:

some tho, come much closer to it than others.

Think bell curve.

MRRherefords":17cy2w8d said:
In my town about 5 minutes from where I live, there was someone who was ordered by the housing community to take down his sign in his back yard because it had the word JESUS on it and someone was offended by it. But I can't help but wonder if someone had placed a sign that said Muhammed on it what the reaction would be. Sorry, but I don't think there would be any outcry and no one would probably say anything.

MRR:

It would depend on where someone posted it. If it occurred where I live, the person and property would be at risk of being attacked by the local redneck Militia.

Edited to add: for those who might be offended by Redneck. I use that term affectionately. :cboy:

It is a two way street:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.csmoni ... er-service

HDRider":2m5rbwmk said:
So if I want to think something is wrong, and you (royally speaking) want to think it is right, leave it at that, and don't be in my face with it.

The problem becomes when one side wants to legislate based on their religious beliefs, and the other does not feel that way. Or the side that is nonreligious get into power and legislates away religion. On a societal molecular level, ie person to person, your style of thinking works beautifully. On a macro scale, there's too many a-holes to keep the vitriol at bay. There is still a lot of tolerant behavior in America, but noting that doesn't drive clicks and advertising dollars.

Latest posts